What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAHHHHh !!!! WORMS

I cleaned up and pruned my terrarium yesterday because the plants were looking not so good. I unpot some utrics and nepenthes and what do i see poking out of the soil...? A worm, and there were more in the soil too. I can't understand how they got in there, it's soo ridiculous. I repotted alot of plants into fresh medium removing the worms ( there were'nt that many but they do cause alot of trouble)

Hopefully i removed them all and did'nt miss any because worms are only good for gardens not for cp's.

Goldtrap2690

confused.gif

Bet they had a feast! Not good though... Hope you got them all...

Cheers

Must be something about utrics that attracts the worms. I am also having to repot my utrics because they aren't doing well. I have found worms in several of them. The only thing I can think of that would allow worms to get into the pots is setting the pot on the ground to drain through when I flush them out. I have now made it a rule to always keep them in a water dish when they are near the ground to discourage worms from getting into the pots.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sheesh, i've had to repot some vft's and some sarracenias because there pots were sitting on the ground and worms got into them. Grrrr

I've found a worm in my Sarracenia soil before. Funny because all of my plants are on the 2nd story balncony and the media was 1-2 years old.
biggrin.gif

Back