What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone was playing with the server again?!

Well last night I went into rapid detox due to attempting to log on to the forums and getting a 404 page.

A 404 page!

Cold sweat, shakes, desperate web searches. This is not acceptable. I need my fix.

So .......... what brilliant idea was attempted that brought down the forums for hours on end?

By the way I am still waiting for my free cps from the last outage.

Remember the deal is free cps for members everytime you guys screw up the server.

lol Yep, I started having problems yesterday afternoon. Good ol' 404...in three different languages no less.

So...yeah...where are my free plants.
biggrin.gif

I was impressed that the error was in all them languages too, PAK

It makes things seem a LOT worse in German, somehow

Free CP's Where?? I about freaked last night myself I needed to send out some PMs on plants, and got the 404 for a few hours! I didn't realize that there was a deal for free CPs if this ever happened. I will take my yellow VFT please.
smile_n_32.gif
LMAO
smile_m_32.gif

I know... I get home from work at midnight and nothing... Couldn't sleep and could get my fix...

I'll take a S. minor or an S. oreophilla (a yellow VFT would be nice also but I'm not too pushy)

Same here, hit with the dreaded "404". It hurt.

I'll have a Judith Hindle please.

99.9% uptime equals 8.75 hours downtime per year.

So we still have some hours we haven't used up yet.
smile.gif

FREE PLANTS?! Where? I'll take whatever is leftover
smile.gif

Same here and I was trying to deciper as to any time gaps to determine if it was just me or if there was a real problem.

I was worried too! I needed to talk with some rational people!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ May 17 2006,9:16)]I was worried too! I needed to talk with some rational people!
Now that's just plain scary!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 17 2006,8:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ May 17 2006,9:16)]I was worried too! I needed to talk with some rational people!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
What that he considers us rational?

Scary? u want scary?

GIMME A HUG JIM!
smile_r_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ May 17 2006,9:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 17 2006,8:18)]
[b said:
smile_k_ani_32.gif
What that he considers us rational?
I have to agree!!!

ROTFLMAO You guys aint right! Finch that IS scary.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ May 17 2006,7:16)]I was worried too! I needed to talk with some rational people!
I've been called many things in my life. I've even been reffered to as "a younger brother" by my daughter (something to do with my teasing her I have been told)....but not rational.

I didn't know there were any rational people here. I'd better find another forum...

smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Scary? u want scary?

GIMME A HUG JIM!
smile_r_32.gif

Woah their, Jim you might wanna watch out now

confused.gif

Im afraid im going to have to leave... ill see you all later... Maybe we should start another fourm called the Irrational CP growers forums?

smile_n_32.gif

Awww.... cyber hugs are okay!
biggrin.gif

Hugs???????????? Here???????????? By FINCH??????????????????
NO! GET BACK, FINCH!!!!! GET BACK I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
i HAVE A DARLINGTONIA HERE, AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that was rational.

So Bugweed, what improvements were made during all this downtime?
Did something get upgraded or did someone just kill -9 a process?
Where are my free CPs?

Back