What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Carnivorous than any CP!

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Yesterday was my daughters 16th birthday so we took her to see Asha, a wolf she has been sponsoring for the last couple years at Mission: Wolf. Mission: Wolf takes in wolves and wolf/dog mixes that people thought would be good/cool/hip/macho (You get the idea) pets. When they discover their cute little puppy doesn't make a good pet when it gets more mature, they get rid of it. Hopefully a place like Mission: Wolf can take it in and let it live out it's live in a way closer to what it was intended to rather than a 10' × 10' kennel somewhere or worse yet dumped out in the wild (cause it's a wolf of course) to fend for itself. A bad idea for several reasons but that's 'nough lecturing. Time for the pics
cool.gif

This is Druid
2006_0520_152657AA.jpg

If I remember right, this is Katimik (but I've got a lousy memory for names)
2006_0520_153203AA.jpg

2006_0520_152424AA.jpg

Hina (howling
cool.gif
)
2006_0520_155508AA.jpg

and Obediah(?). This guy definitly had a chip on his shoulder. Notice how his tail is sticking straight back.
2006_0520_160208AA.jpg

These two 1 year olds are being groomed as "ambassadors" for Mission: Wolf. The husky is in there to "set an example" around people. The wolves tend to be shy of people, while the husky comes right up to them. We got to touch these two (and the dog of course
smile_n_32.gif
) .
2006_0520_154706AA.jpg

2006_0520_154219AA.jpg

2006_0520_154512AA.jpg

2006_0520_154524AA.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them.
smile.gif

AWWWW I love huskies. I think the picture is really cute. Even more than huskies is my love for wolves. I think they are really great creatures. Majestic, graceful, beautiful killers. They are sooo cute too. I love looking at baby wolves. Don't think I'm gonna be one of those people who take in stray wolves and then freeing them when they start eating too much meat though. I respect animals and nature and love them all, except for ants and pigeons.

Wolves and coyotes are my daughter's favorite animals. That's one of the reasons we took her there on her birthday. If something is wolf related, you automatically have her full attention
laugh.gif
. I agree with you on the pidgeons and I'll add doves to that, too. I've been woken up by their cooing just outside my window on many mornings and I can't say I found the sound soothing or romantic. I'd rather listen to wolves howl
cool.gif

Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

i have just one experiance with wolf hybrids though its atypical. my cousin had a wolf hybrid(looked like prolly 75%) big critter, looked just like the wolves you see on tv though a lil chubbier cause she didnt have to hunt for food
smile_n_32.gif
anyways she was extreamly well conditioned to ppl and loved kids. for a few years she was the mascot for our football team and my cousin brought her to every home football game where she sat at the 50 yard line behind the team. through the whole game lil kids would climb all over her and loved the attention.

like i said it was atypical but with the right hybrid and the right ppl to train and condition it its not always a bad situation

Back