What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats for dinner tonight?

I've got sage, marajoram(sp), terragon, garlic, chives, peppers, tomatoes, and basil growing wildly in my front yard. It's getting out of control.

I've recently avoided running them down with the lawn mower but I've done it before.(It smells cool afterwards) I'm just not a chief, I'm a car guy so I don't ever use this stuff.

So what I'm asking is if there is something quick and simple that I can make that uses all or most of this stuff. I would be much more comfortable with the grill and not the stove/oven. Also it would be cool if whatever it was it involved big chunks of meat.
smile.gif

dice up some potatoes into 1 inch cubes, cut some steak into similar sized piecies or into strips dice up garlic and peppers, add some butter, place all ingredients in tinfoil and grill till done.

i dont like tomatoes so i dont cook with them unless they are in the form of ketchup
smile_n_32.gif
i also use premixed spices and not fresh most of the time.

That sound simple enough for me! So can I just put everything in there and throw it on the grill?

thats what i did the last time, forget how long it needs to cook though. havent done it in a year. i cook walleye a similar way with butter, lemon pepper and lowerys seasoning salt. when your dealing with grills tinfoil is your friend
smile_n_32.gif

we had chinese takeout. i got me one of those ji-zob thingies.

is that bad that i've got chinese on speed dial?
i was gonna cook but something came up.
i wish i had a grill and i lived on the first floor.... maybe in a few months when we move closer to work. (crossing my fingers)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bugfreak @ May 23 2006,9:54)]we had chinese takeout. i got me one of those ji-zob thingies.

is that bad that i've got chinese on speed dial?
i was gonna cook but something came up.
i wish i had a grill and i lived on the first floor.... maybe in a few months when we move closer to work. (crossing my fingers)
Same here, I've got three chinese places on speed dial. I call so common that they know my name and everything by heart. But I think I have a good excuse since I live by myself and I'm a guy.

As for Bugfreak, I don't know...

I am a chef...

Saute of your garlic... dice up your tomatoes and toss them in with your garlic... toss that with some pasta add the fresh basil and add some grilled chicken if you wish.

also just grilled tomatoes add a nice side dish to any meal

rattler add some capers to you butter and lemon pepper... it'll round it out perfectly

what the heck are capers?

im in the middle of nowhere and am unedumahkated
smile_n_32.gif

haha
capers are similar to an olive only very small and a little tangy... you'll find them next to the olives in the grocery store. They'z real tasty.

may have to try them thanks for the tip. how would i go about using them? is this one of those where just a lil bit is suffecient and a lot is a train wreck or what?

gourmet cooking on the campfire by the lake, whats next?
smile_n_32.gif

Tough to overuse capers, unless you do it on purpose. I don't like fish cooked with lemon, but love lemon squeezed on fish after its cooked. Capers are great cooked with fish, but may be overdoing it with lemon. Here's something you can do with those leftover capers for breakfast.
Bagels with cream cheese, smoked salmon, sweet onion and capers, yummmmmmmm!

its just a lil lemon pepper and some lowery's seasoning salt and butter on the walleye fillet, baked in tinfoil on coals usually on a sand bar somewhere
smile_n_32.gif

I like to surround the fish in veggies like mushrooms, onions, peppers and carrots inside the foil when I'm camping. Cook some rice on the side and dinner is done.

I brown some butter in a saute pan then add some fresh scallions, lemon juice and capers (8 or so) and use it to top salmon but have also used it for trout and bass... it's so slamming

cooking meatsauce and some pasta as we speak....

when i'm just cooking for myself sometimes i take a tilapia fillet and make a foil wrap/pouch with some rice. i put the fish on some foil with butter, a couple cloves of crushed garlic, and some fresh herbs from the patio. just throw big chunks on. yum.

ozzy, if i order chinese for everybody you buyin? you're the one with the fancy cool job hunting rabbits with a bee-bee gun.

Sure I'll buy, order me Singapore Mia fun extra spicy. I hunt snipes, not rabbits and it's with rockets not bb guns.

talking about fish steve, man i gotta get some salmon....
blues.gif

Back