What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thy paved paradise and.....

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
On Wednesday I set up a table with a 4' x 8' plywood and put 3 plastic trays of plants (Utrics, Pings, and pigmy sundews) on top and outside. I had it next to the garage, in a totally ignored section of the church apartment property. The plants weren't fazed by the move, but today, after coming back from taking my 12 year old to school, I saw a frightening sight. I saw two guys and a bulldozer excavating that area and found my set up (safely) moved to the driveway. Turns out that the church planned to expand the parking lot. Somehow I missed that memo!

Whew!! Close call! Some of the construction guys I know would have moved the plants (somewhere) and used the plywood and saw horses. Have you found them a new home yet?

For the time being I have them along the southern side of the house, right near the buckets of minibogs and rain-collecting trash barrels.

Hahaha, how cute.

Something about that story made me laugh; and the lyrics really do fit! Parking lots are sneakin' their way in to everything! I'm GLAD the plants made it back to you safely.

Watch out for those parking lots they are a doosy!

Back