What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paypal Question

Hi,
I have used Paypal for years, and have never encountered this before.
I won a auction for a carnivorous plant last week, Paypaled as it was the only payment the seller would accept.
I was watching the auction for days-apparently he put a stipulation the day before that he would not accept eCheck thru Paypal, only funds from bank accounts or credit card thru Paypal. I never saw the change(I was watching the top of the auction).
I had not received the plant and when I asked when I could expect it, he said he refunded the money(he did) as I did an eCheck. That is indeed what the Paypal account is calling it. He re-sold it to the next higher bidder.
I thought Paypal was Paypal.
Can anybody enlightened me on what just happened?

Thanks,

Joe

An Echeck comes from your credit/debit cards. In order for someone to accept that payment they need to have a premier Paypal account. (that costs a % of all the money they make though) So what they do (as he did) is make you have a bank account connected to your paypal account so he doesn't have to carry the premier service and doesn't have the pay the % for accepting you creditcard/debit card payment.

Is all this understandable?
smile_n_32.gif

Andrew

Yeeessss...my debit card...so even though it comes out of my checking account...it's going thru my debit card intead of directly out of the account. And this makes a difference.
Boy if they are not charging large shipping/handling for items, they have other ways, don't they? My kids like Yugioh cards and I saw a set of six for .01 starting bid, but $18.00 shipping!!!
When you sell something on eBay, the company does not charge you and arm-and-a-leg.
Thanks Andrew!

Cheers,

Joe

Just anther way Paypal steals your money.
mad.gif

When my parents owned their own buisness they accepted Visa And Mastercard. And they had to pay a % to the card companies for processing the payments. So I would assume that it's the same for them. Someone has to pay it, be it the retailer or the consumer. If it was the consumer they probably wouldn't use a credit card (I wouldn't)
Andrew

PS. You wanna give the "Hate Paypal link you have here? lol

I would love to.

--
Paypal is an dishonest company. They randomly select accounts that have recently had high dollar deposits and close them for no reason. When you call them to complain they tell you you have to wait six months to get your money back. At the end of the six months they close out your account for not being active and keep your money. I am not their only victim, here's the proof.

http://www.planetfeedback.com/index.p....=paypal

Don't become another paypal victim

Did I mention they are theives?

Back