What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

insect Bites/stings

Funny stuff. Is their a more comprehensive list anywhere? I'm curious to find where a creeping water bug(not one of the big ones fortunately) fits in. I've been "stung" by harvester ants and I don't think his description fits. It felt like someone stuck a burning needle in and then hit your thumb or whatever with a hammer(turned tingly and then numb). The water bug felt like a nail and then turned numb.

ahem that was me witht he ant haha. realy?!?!? i saw bullet ants at an insecterium and they were huge!

problem with any pain index is that different ppl react differently to venoms. a friend of mine can shrug off a yellow jacket sting but to me its a miserable experiance, i almost always get stung on the hand and my finger will swell up hurt and itch like hell for a few days and i will get a whopping headache. honey bee stings just feel like i have a small sliver because of the stinger but the venom is darn near unnoticable for me.

Yea I guess youre right, but its still kinda neat knowing he went all over the world Just to get stung/bit by things.

Cheers

didnt say it wasnt neat, would be cool to see these guys all over the world but a pain scale is only truely applicable to that person. a good example is my wife and i. she can deal with a migraine for a long while before it knocks her on her arse and its usually the nausea that does her in first and not the pain. i on the other hand cant stand head aches and it doesnt take much of one to knock me on my rear cause i have a hard time tollerating that type of pain cause i cant ignore it. on the other hand ive got bad knees and have been known to work on my feet until i puke from the pain if something needs to be done cause i can mostly ignore pain in my extremities(other than yellow jacket stings
smile_m_32.gif
) until its to the point i am physically ill from the pain. the wife can ignore the pain from her migraines until they are this bad but she doesnt handle injuries as well as i do. its different for different ppl

Back