What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

score!

• Thread starter Presto
  • Start date

Presto

wicked good plants!
Staff member
I just graduated from college and moved back home to my dad's house for now.  He and my stepmother are renovating a new house that we should be moving into very soon.

Turns out the new house has a RO filter!

I feel like I found the holy grail!

Awsome, make sure they arent gonna soften their water or any thing! And you DID find the holy grail! Make sure they change out the filter often to!
biggrin.gif

Awsome find! and Congrats!

Do you have an extra bedroom for me?
smile.gif

Congatulations! That's as good as working for the lab and having all the free deionized water I wanted.... not to mention a few rooms to spread out the CP collection.

....What is your quest?... What's your favorite color? ... How much does a sparrow weigh?

uhhh...is that an african swallow or a european swallow?

oh, and get this, the RO is hooked up to both a small faucet in the kitchen, and to the fridge's ice maker. so my sister has to put forth exactly zero effort to get pure ice cubes for her boyfriend's cobra lilly!

But then of course African swallows are nonmigratory. So they couldn't bring a coconut back anyway.

Good news on the R/O filtered water.

Presto, My plants and I will be moving in at your word! And yeah, you can take all the cuttings off my collection you want. Ya never know. I may be a long- lost uncle or something!!!!

(At least the lost part!)

woo, yeah, everyone can move in!! plant party!!

only problem is we have a roughly 12 foot square room and a northeast-facing window in the attic to all share.

plus my basset hound, ozzy, loves to eat plants. and having 2 ozzys (ozzies?) could get confusing.

congratulation!! perhaps in ten more years i can say the same thing (the graduating college part, not the daddy thing or the RO thing)

Jim: isnt it "what is the air velocity of an impregneted swallow?"? not weight...
hilarious movie!
alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Presto @ June 02 2006,11:41)]woo, yeah, everyone can move in!!  plant party!!

only problem is we have a roughly 12 foot square room and a northeast-facing window in the attic to all share.

plus my basset hound, ozzy, loves to eat plants.  and having 2 ozzys (ozzies?) could get confusing.
The solution is simple: rotate the house 90 degrees.

Alex: you're right! "Bring out your dead!"

Back