What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greenhouse issues

As some of you know I keep some of my Cps at a community greenhouse and the chairman of the greenhouse has recently passed. The new chairman is starting to bother me a bit. I know the former chairman can not be replaced but this guy's getting out of hand.

We had a very strict spraying schedule in place just to keep things like white fly down. Well, it hasn't been sprayed all spring and the pest population is getting out of hand. I contacted him 3 weeks ago and still nothing has been done.

How should I go about this....

just keep calling! he'll give in soon.

And until you get a response, all you can really do is eliminate the badly infested plants. The pristine growing conditions in the green house are beneficial not only to your plants, but the pests too (as I'm sure you know.) So either take badly infested plants out then leave them away from the rest, treat it yourself, or throw it away.

It sucks, but you gotta do what you can to keep it from spreading too much.

BLACK OPPS MISSION!!! (ask bugweed to help you, I understand he is a black nija hehe)
Enter with the cover of night... Spray bottle on your back, mask on your face (you should wear one I hear when you spray... lol), gain access to the g/h through one of the large, slow spinning fans (all the movies always have those) once inside spray till your hear is content!! Then, go out the front door (you can reuse the slow spinning fan, but it makes for a bad story) then the next day, bring in a few lady bugs or something talking about how you'll take care of the probly via "natural methods"
Seriously, sorry to hear about the problems.
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] gain access to the g/h through one of the large, slow spinning fans (all the movies always have those)

While that's true, I shudder at the idea of trying to sneak in through one of the fans at the greenhouses at my college. They're like 6 feet tall and the air coming out ticks in at about mach 5.
biggrin.gif

And just before you spray the first plant you can turn to the camera and say, "white fly... I'd like to introduce you to my friend, BLACK DEATH..."

And then everything would be in slow-mo after that.

Of course, we need a "doctor" to use hifalutin scientific words jumbled together to "explain" to the main character what the pesticide is doing to the whitefly. Of course, we need to mention something about genetic mutagens, DNA, possibly RNA, and a few made up words.

we have a combination to get in so that's no problem...

also, I'm interested in expanding my space and he won't get back to me on what spaces are available. If he can't handle the work why did he accept the torch.

like the lady bug idea... I'll order them tomorrow

Notice: I did no research and cannot say that lady bugs will actually rid you of that particular problem... I just know they do help with some stuff. Also, please note, I heard a story of someone getting those for their CP green house and it took no time at all for all the bugs to be eaten by the plants... Other than that stuff, good luck.
Andrew

Edit:
this page shows 2 types of miniture wasps that can be used for biological control though... A in deepth search would probably come up with more possibilities of course.

oh, I'm aware of the lady bug issue... just thought it would be funny to see thousands of lady bugs running around the greenhouse in response to the neglect.

I was reading there is a SP. of lady bug that is black, and takes care of some scales... That's good to know. hehe
Andrew

What a bloody shambles this situation is. A greenhouse can be a highly productive, fruitful place or it can turn in to an utter shambles due to neglect. Best of luck getting this all sorted out!

If it doesn't get fixed soon, you can give us his email and we can all persuade him in to taking action. And if not, then I'll spam him to kingdom come. >_> ...just...kidding... :shifty eyes:

finally sprayed

Good to hear! Was there any major damage?

Back