What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News on my CP Book

Signed copies??! Awsome! I'd love that. Then I'd have another signed book to go with my signed Don Schnell book.
smile.gif

The CP community sits on the edge of its collective seats waiting for the big release!

amen to that PAK!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cockatielmother @ Aug. 31 2006,10:08)]Barry:

How well does your book cover Utricularias?  I have better luck with those plants than any other genus and intend to keep collecting them. I have some not in Savage's book so I hope they are in your book!
Well, I had very harsh word limits to contend with---I would have loved to say much, much more about everything.  That being said, my book does mention every Utricularia known at the time of publication (i.e. right now) and gives general information so that you should be able to figure out how to at least ATTEMPT to grow any species.

Of course, only a small percentage of all Utricularia known are currently in cultivation!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Sep. 03 2006,4:01)]Well, I haven't read savage garden, and don't intend to buy it, but this new and updated book sounds like a winner.  I will have to look for info on a signed book.  Congradulations on your book and thanks for giving the CP world an updated collection of info.
Hey Josh,

Well, I have to say one thing about your post. I think that D'Amato's book is the best thing out there on general cultivation.

My book does not really supplant D'Amato. You see, when I was given the opportunity to write a book, I didn't want to rehash what has already been done so admirably by Slack, Schnell, D'Amato, Taylor, Clarke, and so on. Instead, I followed the model that Nick Romanowski tried---I wrote about stuff that was interesting me me, from my perspective, and which hadn't already been said.

My recommendation: buy Savage Garden if you haven't already, so you can put a copy next to mine.  
smile.gif

Cheers

Barry

so official release date Barry?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Sep. 06 2006,8:04)]so official release date Barry?
You'd be amazed at what they don't tell authors...

I'm excited because it has more pictures than pages
biggrin.gif

Awwww...there's a pic of ya. So...you don't look TOO freaky for a CPmeister. hehe
smile_n_32.gif

Hey Folks,

Eegads! I heard from Peter D'Amato that copies of my book came in! I haven't even seen copies, but he's already sold copies!!!! I'm going to California Carnivores on Monday to sign copies, so he'll have those available.

Last night I had a dream about seeing copies of the book for the first time....you'd NEVER believe it. I told Beth, my wife, about the dream, and she called me a mutant.

B

P.S. I'm leaving on two week's travel, so don't be surprised at a bit of quiet from me. I added some information on my web page about buying books, BTW.

I think that it's so awesome that Peter is advertising your book on the listserve. Talk about a great sport!

I can't wait to buy your book! Just spent all my money on orchids so I gotta save up!

Back