What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your favorite band?

• Thread starter 7santiago
  • Start date
Im just currious as to what the forum listens to...
So, whats your favorite band/ singer? edit: bands/singers

Mine is and allways will be Coldplay.

Right now, Prodigy or The Crystal Method. No doubt and Garbage, too.

T.I....and then our local band VilleBillies

bands... tool, ministry, and the original alice cooper group.

singers... Tom Waits is hands down the greatest song writer alive.

Currently, I'm going through a Guns 'N Roses phase, with a big helping of Green Day on the side.

Mokele

dont have a favorite..................lately when not just listening to satelite radio its been Guns and Roses, Metallica, Sublime, Nickleback, Nine Inch Nails, and Godsmack big list i know but had the CD's in rotation and was listening to them all equally through the hell of 10 days of doing the rodeo's printing jobs. dont have a "home" setup for my satelite radio so i was stuck with CD's

in all reality i listen to a lil bit of everything and generally have the satilite set on a station playing a mix of 80's, 90's and present when not listening to a comedy station

HAHA! favorite band? Try plural!

Ska- Reel big fish, 5 Iron Frenzy
Underground Ska*WHOOOHOOO SKANKIN IT YALL*- A Billion Ernies, Work Shirt Wonder, Sofa Punch

Big Band- Cherry Poppin Daddys, Most other Big Bands that arent trying to pull it off and sounding like Cheese!

Rock- Metalica, Disturbed, Godsmack, Sublime, Jimmi Hendrix

Heavy metal/Heavy Rock- *Slipknot* (whoot whoot), Korn, Megadeath, Kitty, Korn, *Demon Slayer* (Whoot whoot), Devil Driver

Other- Most good techno, electronica, trance, club, Tribal, almost any good digeridoo player

smile_l_32.gif

sounds about it, and almost any thing that has a good Bass player teamed up with a drummer giving the band a great pulse!

Coldplay is a good band, I almost Did a talent show with Sublime and cold Play, getting down songs I never really play all that often was tough though (bass) expecialy with Sublime!

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ June 16 2006,12:24)]HAHA! favorite band? Try plural!

Ska- Reel big fish, 5 Iron Frenzy
A forum friend introduced me to 5 Iron Frenzy!

jimscott said:
Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Ricky Nelson, Beatles, Stones, DC 5, Hermans Hermits, Pet Clark, Monkees, Beach Boys, CCR, Neil Diamond, Archies, 1910 Fruitgum Co., Ohio Express, Andy Kim, Tommy Roe, Osmonds, Jackson 5, Johnny Rivers, Supremes, 4 Seasons, 4 Tops, Bay City Rollers, ELO, Elton John, Olivia Newton- John, Linda Ronstadt, Steve Miller, Boney M, Glen Campbell, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Boston, Slade, Sweet, DuranDuran, Flock Of Seagulls, Josie Cotton, Culture Club, ABBA, Go Go's, Bangles, Bananarama, Rick Astley, John Cougar Mellancamp, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Springfield, Gloria Gaynor, Donna Summer, KC & Sunshine Band, Debbie Gibson, Belinda Carlisle, Sheryl Crowe, Missing Persons, Dave Edmunds, Billy Joel, Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Byrds, Animals, REM, Erasure, ZZ Top, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, Billy Idol, Human League, Simple Minds, Wham, Tommy James, BTO, Brownsville Station, Eurythmics, Ramones, Stray Cats, Blondie, Madonna, New Order, Pat Benatar, Survivor, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Apollogetix, and a few others.

Seether, Staind, Fuel.

If I had to pick "favorite of all time" there would be two.

Best band of all time, from a pure success, great songs, and "infulence on all future music" standpoint,
no contest..Beatles.

Abbey Road rates as my "greatest album of all time"

Best band of all time, from a pure amazing raw musical talent standpoint.
Led Zepplin.

those are my top two,
then:

Placibo
Madness
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Crowded House
Cure
Cranes
Peter Murphy
Indigo Girls
Early Melissa Etheridge (first two albums are amazing..early 90's..after that IMO she lost her edge)
Early Genesis (with Peter Gabriel as singer, not Phil Collins)
Pink Floyd
Phish

I cant think of *anything* musically I have liked in the last 10 years..except Placibo..and some newer Red Hot Chili Peppers.
the era of Britney Spears is a musical wasteland..
smile_l_32.gif

If you listen to Internet Radio, check out Virgin Radio out of London, England..its my new favorite radio station!

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/

Scot

Queensryche

Tastes are too varied to choose from column A or column B. I DO wonder if Hendrix was alive, what we would be hearing from him. Same with Janis Joplin. Anyone remember the Cowsills?? They were actually good. But my music goes as far back as the start of this country til now. Too much to list!
Scotty! "Travelin' Riverside Blues"--- LED Z!

Well its a shame 5 Iron Frenzy Broke up though....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ June 16 2006,8:27)]If I had to pick "favorite of all time" there would be two.

Best band of all time, from a pure success, great songs, and "infulence on all future music" standpoint,
no contest..Beatles.

Abbey Road rates as my "greatest album of all time"

Best band of all time, from a pure amazing raw musical talent standpoint.
Led Zepplin.
I agree 100%.

Strung Out and Dire Straits

i can tell the difference between a great band and enjoying a song just cause yah like the song which is probably why i can listen to alot of the modern pop...........i fully realize the singer might have zero tallent as far as song writing ability but that doesnt mean i cant enjoy the music....................

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ June 16 2006,8:58)]Anyone remember the Cowsills?? They were actually good.
Hair
smile_m_32.gif
Not to mention, "The Rain, The Park,..."

i like nickleback too
smile.gif

Back