What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moderators---

LOL the seeds already have the name of the local highschool on 'em pretty much- everyone who I know who wanted some has flowering-sized plants and so they will have enough seed and plants to keep them happily picking strays outta their pots til doomsday, and I even went over there while they were having a plant auction and gave them some flowering specimens, saying if they can keep 'em over the summer I wil have more challenging stuff for them next year- even if they fail, I got more where they came from
biggrin.gif

Maybe we should call D.capensis "the sharing sundew" cos anyone who grows them will HAVE to learn ways of getting rid of them efficiently

Personally I LOVE talking people into trying CP growing- SO many folks who would be interested are afraid they lack some kind of special skill... after learning to keep yer trays wet it is pretty much smooth sailling, and usually this fact surprises folks- giving someone a supposedly difficult-to-maintain plant (which seems to be all CPs in the minds of the layman) and hearing their excited declarations of "It's STILL alive!!" a few weeks later will never get old
biggrin.gif

OK if ya can't give the blasted thing away then sell it on Ebay.  Make up the units and put em up for .99.  Just add water.

I said Grade School.  Little boys and girls.  Kindergarten even. Put them by the curb with a FREE sign.  Recruit, dude, recruit you're onto it!!  It all started for many of us with "the weed".

Somebody call my name??????

Weedster

Always remember to Eat your Weedies!!!

No, I was referring to something no one wants....eh, forget that. But while you're here, when they ask you if I should be allowed to ascend to Modhood, tell them YES. Remember who got you this job.....you do like it here, right? I already bought everyone else.....

garden web is so dead any ways... im suprised i havent been given the boot.

Hears what you get why you try to post a link to to terrafroums
" Spam Alert:

In order to fight spam, we need your cooperation!

Unfortunately, we have been the victims of spam attacks (the posting of ads) promoting this site or business (terraforums) and they are now blocked completely to prevent a recurrence.

Please do not mention them in our forums or elsewhere at this site.

Any attempt at circumventing this block by using our site to refer others to this business will be interpreted as an attempt to further spam our site and you will be permanently banned from using our services.GardenWeb

We appreciate your cooperation in keeping messages ad-free!"

lol you guys victimzed them!

Weed: pain in the arse plant that shows up everywhere yah dont want it inducing fits of aggrivated pulling, by its very nature simple to grow; examples D. capensis, D. spatulata, U. subulata

smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Well, the Man is back. Well, for a few hundred extra drosera, I will do whatever it takes!!! Anyone you need to have digested in the depths of Nepenthes???, Slow digestion of fingers and other digits by VFT? Death by Drosera? These have all been added to my Ninja repitoire, enjoyed because it takes so long for the victim to succumb to the "pleasure" of drowning in CP A1 Sauce!!!
William, you don't need to be mindwiped. Your already wiped out!!!! LOL!!!! I hereby, unOfficially pronounce you, MOD OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone you want offed??? A fly perhaps? Maybe an aphid needs a slow death? Maybe the pill bug crawling through the VFT's? (I LUV my JOB!) And all without Circles and Arrows and a paragraph explaining what each one is to be used in evidence against us!!!! Move over Alice!!!

errr, well, as to Drosera... I have 7 species, three are recent gifts. Want a capensis or a spat? Well, maybe a few more than that. D. admirabilis survived bone dryness for the spring and summer since we had no rain to help out. We had like 10 rains all spring and summer. Even the lawn died. But D. admirabilis and D. pulchella took the hell. D. binata as well. D. montana hung on right till the end, I was amazed. D. cuneiifolia did fine without any water at all. D. graminifolia made it too, another miracle as a was growing it as an aquatic! I got some gemmae from a friend in a far off place of D. scorpioides. The rest are history. I couldn't get too far from bed, and they can only be bone dry for so long, so I can't bribe you, alas. You're torture plan has great merit though. Offed.....hmmm. Read my mind, two letters......

Mod of which century?

Take yer pick Oh Modly One!!!!! I stand ready to do your bidding upon your return to Modship! Anyone don't like it, well, I have a Venus' Flytrap here, and I won't hesitate to use it!!!!!!! DON'T FORCE ME TO HAVE TO DIGEST YOUR FACE!!!!!!!

i would enjoy it though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That's my family for ya. I love you all for your kindnesses over the years. Even Ozzy!

Tamlin, You're no ordinary person. Everything about you is different from the norm. You know I would give you my last cp if you asked. I'd give you my last dollar. The things you taught me have change the person that I was into the person I am now. You changed me far beyond in the cp world. Let me give you just one example. A few months ago a co-worker truck broke down. I would pick him up in the morning and drop him off after work. I have an hour drive from my house to my current job. I would drive about 15 mile out of my way to pick him up. When he got his next paycheck he handed me some money for giving him a ride to work. I refused to take it. I would not have done that a few years ago. I blame you for this change.

Like you I have lost the desire to have that rare plant, or a huge collection. I lost most of my plants when I moved back home last year. I get much more satisfaction from finding them in their natural habitats, taking pics and hopefully get the chance to save them when that time comes.

I'm sure I speak for every member here, we are so glad you're back. We are so much richer now that you're here.

idont know there are some rare species that im after, mainly cause of the "oh man that thing looks cool" factor than its rarity. i dont like having something rare cause than i have a heck of a time finding someone to compare notes with. my main project is trying to get that no good, PITA, basterdized son of a three-legged baboon, SOB U. tricolor to bloom and trying to keep a VFT alive if that gives yah an idea of my mentality and on going projects. the rare and "difficult" species are easy, Heliamphora, growing like a weed. D. falconeri and paradoxa doing wonderful, U. aureomaculata is invasive, N. ampularia and epiphatta growing side by side but can i get a freaking VFT to live more than a year.........NOOOOOOO!

its frustrating i tell yah................................oh yeah what Ozzy said, good to have yah back fellow Brother of the Bladder

Hmmm, the mods plan on assasinating us. Look at Ozzy's signature.

VIVA REVOLUTION!!!!

Ozzy lies. He said we were all richer because William is here. Checked my bank account. Guess what? LIAR!!!!!!!!!

Okay, we will go after Ozzy first. Prepare the guillotine!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ June 19 2006,7:36)]Checked my bank account. Guess what? LIAR!!!!!!!!!
...checked mine... Same thing.
confused.gif

So then, Copper
Andrew
and Bugweed
have a case against Ozzy!!! Ozzy! You're goin' DOWN, MAN!!!! Flat on your face, Buster. Whatever you do, never, and I mean NEVER stand in front of a CAB!!!!!!!
C opper
A ndrew
B ugweed
Sure mayhem from the Masters of Disasters!!!! (mostly growing accidents.) LOL!

Tamlins not a mod yet either.

OH, SURE!!!!!!!!! RUB SALT IN THE WOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!! OZZY, THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!! No more Mr. Nice Guy for you from me!!!!!! I have to pass sentence on you now.

You must go to your knees! While on your knees, PAK will shave your head bald. Then, you are to stand, hop on one leg, rub your belly, and pat your head while singing, "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner!" (Which is true BTW. Uh, the weiner part)

You guys are great...
smile.gif
Its like A TV show or some thing..

Watch it, Nep AK!!! You don't want to get caught in the (crosshairs!) OOPS!!!! C.A.B.hairs!

Back