What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moderators---

Holy Mackeral!

See what I miss while processing auction payments?

Hey Ozzy, if you love these plants so much, why do you want to:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ASSASSINATE

**picture of bush**

NOW

Ohhhhh....wait a minute.....I get it.....
smile_n_32.gif

Tamlin, yer done fer.  Give it up.  Resistance is futile.  Bug will get cha.  If he doesn't Ozzy will....If HE doesn't, well....Then PLANTAKISS is your true doom.

May as well take it like a man, Tamlin - admit it when yer defeated!

Good to see you have your spark back, that's for sure, which is why we are going to convert you.....help us subjugate this rabble!

HEY!  What does this little red button do?

*Click*

Uh-oh!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>BOOM!</span>

PAK already got me Dave, trust me.

Hard Blues are fine with me too! Yeah, we could probably all get down on Crossroad Blues, why not! The Devil wanted my soul and offered me 10.77, so I guess I am going to Heaven.

This thread has cheered me considerably, good thing since I'm not doing so well right now. I look like something from an Egyptian Tomb, just not as lively. It's been a fantastic 2 weeks despite that. I made contact with an old friend MIA for a decade, and he's sending me the trim out of his greenhouse. He's got good trim! I lost most of my houseplants too. He's joined the Forum but hasn't posted yet. You'll like him Rose, he's a Pennsylvania State Cop. Gotta call im Sarge now! So you see, I actually have more friends that are cops than any in any other single profession, excepting nurses. Phill Mann is a cop too!

Hmmmm, no word from Papa Phill about the Mod job <sob><cry> I must not cut the mustard anymore. I shoulda used deodorant, I KNEW it!

DD: I'll let you know when I'm ready to start flooding the market with the cultivar plant. Several Journals are eager to publish it, but considering the stir 'Rhodesian Beauty' caused on the ever so fun Listserve I am holding off. I've been insulted and degraded enough over that one and D. 'Tamlin', of course! BTW D. 'Tamlin' went for 30.00 on Ebay, hahahaha, whoda thunk it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1

Here is a letter I saved from awhile back...the Garden Web discussion brouight it back to mind. I had only been there maybe a month before I was invited to leave. I managed to make 2 plant giveaways. 2 years later, I got this:

Hi Tamlin,

I must say, you're one of the most generous people in the world, sending plants to others without the intention of making a profit is great! I wish there were more individuals like you.
Last year I met somebody named Christian from the GardenWeb forums. He told me all about how you gave him several types of drosera seed for free (do you remember him or still keep in touch?).
I guess you inspired him to do the same. He sent me D. capensis seed for free, well almost free anyway. He told me that all he requests was that when the sundew plants mature and flower, he wants me to collect seed and send them to others, just like he did for me. I intend to do so when my plants mature. Most of them are about 1 inch diameter, hopefully they will be old enough to flower in several months. The D. capensis and another pot of recently sprouted D. binata "small red" are the only drosera I have.
Knowing that you've spread joy to somebody is a gift on it's own, and I can't wait for my plants make seed so that I can send it to other people.
Joe

If you think that made me happy, you're right! I hope Joe made it to this forum, it sure sounds like he's family to me!

Hey Rattler, looks like U. aeromaculata is going to make it after all, I see green, yippie ki o ki ayeeeee!!! U. pauliniae looks like black peanut butter. Not good. Take good care of your plant!!

I have a ton of emails and sausage fingers, so forgive this off topic open Tamlin Letter. It takes me forever to type and then correct my mistakes and ya all hang out here anyhoo, right?

Homer, the plants arrived yesterday looking like they had been through a Rugby match and then got drunk. If you hadn't packed them so perfectly, there would be nothing left. Friggin postal sadists!!!

and finally, seed was sown today of D. ordensis, so cross your tentacles! Hopefully we'll all make out, man is the rare stuff getting around or WHAT?
confused.gif
Whooo Hoooo!

Yours,

William

good to hear about the aureomaculata though i do have plenty for another division if yah need it, good news is that Rose says its as much of a weed for her so im not the only one with it running wild, im not sure why this thing is so difficult to get started but several other Utric nuts have informed me it turned to mush for them also i got it started from a tiny division maybe thats my problem, im sending to large of divisions? the pauliniea could stand more pruning if yah want

The pauliniea is doing fine here as well.

Ok Nepenthes AK, you have forced my hand.
Ozzy, if I can not beat them I am forced to join them. Can I be your enforce, your wiseguy?

LOL!!! Copper, on your VERY BEST day you could not be Ozzy's Enforcer/ Wiseguy. Enforcer/ Wisegal, OK, but forget being a wise guy. Something is missing for you to be that!

Can't imagine what that would be! (snicker)
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Man theirs that emptey post again.... Bugweed Who are you talking about are they new to the forums or something?

Man thats cool how you spread such generosity Tamlin!

Cheers

The best thing is I am one of many who are doing so.  I used to joke about Tamlin's Army, but now it's not a joke.  I've been reviewing growlists here and i am amazed to see so many growers with really exotic things on their lists, and even more amazed that they are the very ones who are hellbent on sharing them willy nilly without any regard for their monetary value.  Man, that is cool!  Things sure have changed from the days where growers jealously guarded their growlists.  You can't imagine how hard it was way back when just to get Drosera adelae.  There was a timne this was as rare as Drosera hirtacalyx is now.

Glad to hear both Utricularia are doing well somewhere, too bad it's not here! Thanks for the offer, but it's best to wait. Maybe in the fall I'll hit you up for a plug when the temps are cooler...might make a difference. next time I think I will go it outside the terrarium. I thought the conditions would be good for them to adjust in, but nope. The ones i got from travis all went in a different tank outside, and they are taking right off. That's what i get for fussing too much. You're a good man, and a forgiving one
smile_m_32.gif

well say the word and ill send it off again, heck you sent me the pauliniea after much begging on my part, only fair i send it back to yah if yah want it
smile_n_32.gif

temps could be a part of the aureomaculata problem as i think i read they are from higher elevations not sure on the pauliniea though.............ive done my best to pass the lil bugger around but its being temprimental maybe Rose will have better luch at it. the aureo is going into an 8 inch bulb pot as it doesnt want to bloom again so im going to give it room to run and see if that helps. it gave me a single flower once but ofcourse i couldnt get a camera
mad.gif

BTW i want put on the list for the next Tamlin cultivar.........after my last run in with him i want to pass it around Listserv for free
smile_n_32.gif

I doubt anyone there would want it either. Besides, they'd eat you ALIVE there if you tried to be nice. You're on the list Bro, for whatever whenever.

Tamlin, I will take a d. Mattsanass. I will train it in the Ninja face digestion techniques. Then I will send it to Matt. Keep an eye on your local newscasts. Believe me, it ain't gonna be pretty!!!!! Read tommorrow's STAR!!!!!!!! That "other" forum really sucks for the most part. I read it to keep up on the latest predjudices. They sure do love a fella named Dawnstar there!!

Twits!!!

Okay, Okay, I am with you there. I will become a nation upon myself and rule with a just, but strong hand. I will then move to take over the land of Oz. I hear that things are pretty small there.

Man Im tellin ya some one needs to take a look at the server some of these posts are comming up with nothing!

No Screen name or any thing!
lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I will then move to take over the land of Oz. I hear that things are pretty small there.
Anytime you're ready, come on over to the land of OZZ. Objects are larger than they appear.

U. pauliniae has always been a slow grower for me, and aureomaculata is a strange little bugger. The aureomaculata that I recived from Tim M did not grow much, an died after its first year. The piece I got from rattler last fall is growing like a weed... I think rattler has been blessed by the utric fairies.

He probabla has U.gibba and spreading it around as U. pauliniae. lol
I agree he sure was blessed by some kind of fairy.

Bug,

I never had a problem with most of those members: only 2. I worked hard there for them, hard as I do here. I distributed material to many members there during gemmae season. I had many friends there that I sorely miss interacting with. It's a good forum, and it has good folk. But no one rabbit punches me without a durn good smack back from My Majesty, and i don't care WHO they are or think they are. I was attacked, outright lies were told by a prominent CP community member, everyone in management there knew it, but not one stood up for me or for what was right. They claimed to "not understand the issue" and were "between a rock and a hard place" and their solution was to warn me as if I did something wrong. I was painted as a grasping beggar of seeds, lying about my research to wheedle material from the high and mighty. Sounds just like me doesn't it? Lets not name names, you'll notice I haven't. My problem was and is with the owner of that other pointedly unnamed forum whom I found to be inconsiderate, rude , unjust and incivil, totally unappreciative of what I gave there and he won't be getting and Xmas cards from me anymore. But it's water over the darn dam anyways. I wouldn't think of disturbing your Ninja to deal with the likes Mr. Big, Mr. Sundew, or King what's his name. The flytraps would just spit em up anyways. I am well content to be here amongst friends, but for the record, I had no choice other than to leave that other place. No ones going to throw ME out like a bum on his ear. It's nice to know friends remember me there, but if they miss me, I am HERE. Do I sound Proud? You BETCHA I am. I've worked my skinny butt of for the community only to have these neocons paint me out to be whatever they want me to be. And way too many believed it. The funny thing is after painting me out to be such a grasping, bogus individual he turns around and offers me seed of D. meristocaulis right off the Tepui, hahaha. I wouldn't touch it if it came wrapped in a hundred dollar bill from him. What a piece of work! The CP community may love this guy, but "Se eu o vesse queimando pelo lado da estrada eu chamaria a capacidade a gasolina de piss" hahahaha you can quote me on that.

That's for the record, since were playing catchup here. I am certainly bitter. I couldn't even have my say since my defense post was deleted there. I couldn't say anything while these people trashed me on the Listserve over my cultivar publications either. So I have my say here where they aren't.

BTW, you're supposed to be sending me your mailing address if you want those plants. Did you forget? Must be that mind ray test experiment you did for the Government....ahhh, but you won't remember that either....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ June 20 2006,10:11)]Tamlin, I will take a d. Mattsanass.
lol
laugh.gif
Took a sec for that to register. *chuckle* It would look good next to a D. camale reproductive organ. *aw gee I must have mispelled it.*
smile_l_32.gif

Now, now control is the key.  I am preparing for the munchkins.  

However, since Nep AK cannot seem to see me or hear me, I should do away with him first.  I must think of a plant..plan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ June 20 2006,11:49)]Now, now control is the key. I am preparing for the munchkins.

However, since Nep AK cannot seem to see me or hear me, I should do away with him first. I must think of a plant..plan
He'll obviously never know what/who hit him.

Back