What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction ending time

Unless I am over ruled the ending time of the auction will stand at 8PM. I am comprising a list of the winners and the winning bids.

Rose

I sure hope  so cause it will be very upsetting to me. Cause I thought it ended at 8 and didn't bid after that time.

These are the auctions that would be in question.  Here are the winners and the winning bids.  

N. rajah hanging basket, donated by Black Jungle– Ludwig $115
D. dichotoma giant Cynic81 $7
S. flava from VIRGINIA!, Ex Meadowbrook collection Houstonherp $26
N. x tricocarpa pasoftim $20
P. Emarginata, Last minute Special Nick123 $10
Sarracenia flava 'Cinnamon Tube', Donated by Botanique Bucky78 $36
N. x dreamy Koto Griffin $31
Drosera aff.ordensis "wide leaf form" plant, from Kingston
            The Duke $42
Setho x self CP30 $9
S. venosum Copper $13
D. Ladle
            sundewexpert1101  $110
S. rubra ssp. wherryi "Giant Form", Mississippi/Alabama  
            JBL $30
livida color vairiant dgower82 $5
Two Lithops and two Pleiospilos, One Pleio is red! RL7836 $19
Growing Carnivorous Plants, New book by Barry Rice  
           eglecko $24
N. truncata 'Pasian Highland', donated by Black Jungle
           philcula $40

From the responses that I have received, the board is in agreement.  I last bid excepted will be that post at 2:00 (8PM) or earlier.  The times are on the post.  I hope that everyone considers this fair.

Yes I think that is the right thing.THANK YOU.
smile.gif

That is great and the right decision in my opinion. I am the same as theduke, I would have bid again if I knew that I could have.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]D. dichotoma giant Wolfstriker9 $7

Just to clarify, that auction was conceded to me by the winner. This will not affect the amount to be paid for the item.

Wolfstriker9 conceded to you with the time for the tie at 8PM. It is yours. Correction made, thanks,

Phil made this response in the Auction forum. Since it is closed I would like to reply to it here

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Hi All,

It was my responsibility to end the auction at 8pm central time.

I logged on at 8pm based on my watch.. showed to be 8:07 on the computer and may have been 8.15 on someone elses and 7.59 on another persons.

While I'm going to say the NASC can choose how this will pan out... it is my FIRM SUGGESTION that all auctions up until the minute I posted the close of auction be considered the winners.

Server time versus my time etc.

Unless we implemented an auction software to close it based on server time, this was going to happen ... perhaps 5 minutes early perhaps 10 minutes late.

We'll hash it out. In the end, it's a benefit auction and it's in the best interest of the NASC to get what they can for the item being auctioned. If the high bidder wants to back out, it goes down a level (if it's for time purposes)... that's what I propose.

Again, however, I'll leave it up to the NASC folks to officially decide... but I think we/they should come up with an answer no later than tomorrow.

-PC

The problem is that it was posted at 8pm central time the auction was over and for people to stop bidding. Some people continued to bid after they were told to stop. Some others thought the auction was over because they were told it was over and they stopped bidding. I don't think it's fair for those people to lose because they were doing as they were told. The Nasc Board members took a vote and it was decided to disallow the bids after 8pm. And from reading the response of the bidders, they agree that the auction should be ended at 8pm.
As of right now this is the final decision. If there is a big uproar about it I say we put up a poll and only members who bid on the auctions be allowed to vote.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bucky78 @ June 18 2006,7:11)]That is great and the right decision in my opinion. I am the same as theduke, I would have bid again if I knew that I could have.
You did bid again
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ June 18 2006,8:47)]S. flava from VIRGINIA!, Ex Meadowbrook collection Houstonherp $28
Rose -

Er...actually the last bid prior to 8:01 CST WAS mine, but it was only for $26 on this item.

Just an FYI, as I'm sure that Dave would have caught this minor thing anyway.

Thank you very much

Back