What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See everyone in a week or so.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I will be leaving for Fla tomorrow. Just want to say I will be going through with drawls, but get a chance to relax a little in the Fla sun. Have fun everyone.

Have a good time! See ya in a week. I hope you get to have some good relaxation time.

pfff this is my relaxation!

Have a good time in FL, are you gaonna see any CP sites?

I hope so. If I can find any.

Should have asked before you left, Big Guy! Still time!!!

Bug.  I'm here.  Using grandads PC.  I am in the orlando area.  St cloud to be exact till Thur.  We will be staying in a place in Kissemmee, but also be here in St cloud with grandparents.  I found myself looking along side of the road as I was driving down this way.  Got to go, dinner time.

I should be able to check in from time to time. Just not like when I am at home.

Actually its kissimmee, I live there - had you said something earlier, I could have taken you to some sites where you might have been able to see several types of Drosera, S. minor, and some sort of pinguicula.

thats waht you get for not asking! Hope you can find at least something on youre stay their.

Cheers

LOL  I know I know.  I made mention of it to the wife about looking for CPs while we were here,a nd she said I could go by myself.  So basicly that was a NO in otherwords.
mad.gif
 I can say she is at least letting me go to a couple of orchid nurseries.  Ratcliffe and Tropic 1.  Those were the two mentioned on my orchid board.

Sorry for the miss-spelling of kissimmee buster.  It won't happen again.
smile_m_32.gif
Thanks for the offer to view CPs.  If I had a more understanding wife, or was here by myself I would have loved to witness them in the wild.  

Buster do you know of any more orchid nurseries besides Ratcliffe and Tropic 1 in the local area? I don't wqnt to drive to far out unless its on the way to St. Cloud. Ratcliffe is close to the condo we are checking out, and tropic 1 is about 8 min away from my grandparents house. I was told about one in lakeland, but I am not driving that far.

Josh -
Welcome to the neighborhood. Hope you're enjoying your stay.
smile.gif

You might try "World of Orchids" If its still in business. Its on 192 (going west) just past the town of Celebration - you could check in the local phonebook - I don't have one handy or I would look for you. It used to be somewhat of a theme-park kind of thing (along with an orchid nursery) but nobody ever went, so they dropped there admission price to $0. They sold orchids, supplies and other plants in the building, and you could still tour the greenhouses{they had parrots and chameleons} and walk the nature trails out back. It was good for a short afternoon trip. Other than that I don't know of any "local" ones. Good luck.

Hello everyone! I am back two days early. We had planned to leave orlando on thur and go to Daytona for 2 nights, but didn't realize that it was race weekend. So we spent the day driving up A1A looking for a hotel on the beach, but being the week it is everyone wants an arm and a leg for a room the two nights we wanted to stay. So we ended up on St simons island and walked the beach before we finished the drive home. We started picking up shells only to find them home to hermit crabs. So now we have about 20 hermit crabs I plan on building a cage for. Of course we are going to give some away too.

I didn;t find any CP nurseries while I was down there, and the wife refused to go hunt for any, but I did get to go to 4 different orchid nurseries. We went to Tropic 1, Ratcliffe, World of Orchids, and Tom Ritter orchids. I ended up getting a Vanda, and bulbo from Tropic one, and two Paphs from Ratcliffe. I also picked up two species of air plant from one of the flea markets we went to. pretty neat. Something new to try. Any who I will give more updates later. Time to go cook.

Back