What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Auction 2006 total!

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
The topic says it all! Let's hear some guesses as to what you think the total for the 2006 NASC auction is while I calculate it! I'll leave this topic free and open for guesses for a few hours to see if we can get some posts.

Note: I'll be going off of what the winning bids were during the auction, so donations and other additional money sources are not counted.

Guess away!!

Lets starts low... 20 bucks?
smile_n_32.gif

$3500

I already calculated it so I will remain silent. Remeber that the amount is not final until all the money actually comes in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ July 05 2006,4:02)]I already calculated it so I will remain silent. Remeber that the amount is not final until all the money actually comes in.
Of course. There's also a margin of error, and other little funny things that can change the numbers, this is just for my tally of the total from the winning bidders. Actual numbers may vary.

Hmm...approx 225 items...maybe avg $20-25 per...$5,600?

This would have made a great contest. We should give a prize to the person who comes closest.
biggrin.gif

I'm guessing...$3,789.59!

Thanks for doing this Jonathan.
smile.gif

$4,507.42

$5000(no cents because none of the auctions used cents duh
smile.gif
)
Alex

$5237.oo if some one gets the closest do they get a prize!? lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ July 06 2006,7:29)]...$3,789.59!
Wow- You're a really odd person. Out of 6 digits only one is even? Being odd is negative (AND ODD!!!). No wonder you have issues.....
confused.gif

hey! thats not fair! I only have one even digit too!

Well then NepAK and I can just be odd together! So there!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]$5000(no cents because none of the auctions used cents

Gooooooooooood point. lol I was trying to be very specific. HOWEVER...if the grand total was say....$3,792...and someone guessed $3,789..then would I not WIN by having added that 59 cents? Hmmmmm??
laugh.gif

I'm actually hoping we hit the $4k mark...maybe I guessed too low.

Im going with $3987....

No wait thats odd
smile_m_32.gif

PAK: are you all taking into consideration money donations along with auctioned items?
Alex

Ok, well, this's been up long enough. I'm sure that most people who care to guess, and those who haven't... Um... Sorry.
smile_n_32.gif

Keeping with NASC auction tradition, I've added up the total at the end for the 3rd year, the total being:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>$4588</span>
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Cynic81 was the closest with his guess of $4,507.42; only about 81 dollars off from correct!

Now for some <s>useless</s> fun facts!

The most expensive item went for $135!
The average $ per auction topic was $20.48!
4 items went for over 100 dollars!

Yahoo! Good job folks!

(Disclaimer for the last time: My numbers are subject to error. Hinging on time disputes, winner's payments may vary from the values used. These figures do not include donations. Pop rocks are yummy. There's always the chance that I blew adding things up or fudged a key somewhere along the way. I asked Rose, and she said her number was in the same ball park. Flee from strangers and their candy. I reserve the right to have half of my post in green. And lastly: I reserve the right to be wrong, as always
smile_n_32.gif
)</span>

what do they win what do they win? A S. oreophila?

HOLY CANNOLI!!!!  You folks are so wonderful!  I was hoping for $4K but we busted way beyond that!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Now I can go to Tahiti!!!  
biggrin.gif
 Oh...oops...maybe I shouldn't have let that slip.  
smile_l_32.gif

Thank you all so much....and thank you Jonathan for that arduous task!  I appreciate it.

Oh...and Cynic wins some Hurricane Creek White seedlings!! Woohooo!

Now knowing that there was a prize involved, maybe I should have left this open longer.... Nah.
smile_n_32.gif

I IZ TEH WINNAR1!!!!!1111
smile_n_32.gif

Back