What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This sucks.

I got stung by a wasp today. Man it hurts, it feels like I was stabbed in the leg with a cactus spine. What really sucks is that I can feel the venom crusing through my body. I havent been this freaked out in a long time. Parts of my body feel weak and fraile. I got some sting relief stuff but it has done nothing for me. Anyone know of any good remedys for a wasp sting?

sounds about like my reaction, except i get a raging headache. i hate the lil ba$tard$. dont know any remedy. everything but the swelling for me goes away after a day

Vinegar or lemon juice stops wasp stings and baking soda stops bee stings.

Off-topic: Didn't know you liked morning musume :p

are you allergic or something? I didn't know wasps stings could affect people normally other than the soreness/burning in the area you got stung.

im not allergic to them but i dont react well to yellow jacket stings. no trouble breathing or anything. hurts like hell, i can feel my heart beat through my finger(the only place i ever get stung) and i wind up with a headache. funny thing is honey bee stings dont affect me at all other than teh small* of the stinger

*someone needs to tweak the word filter that was a perfectly acceptable use of the word................lets try again...........the poke of the stinger?

Wouldn't the tip of the stinger be better usage?

nah cause its not just the tip the dang thing usually gets stuck most of the way in, yah need a verb, i used the appropriate verb and the word filter zapped it

dang moderators
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

---------------
Now, now Rattler!!
smile_n_32.gif

So far me and Rattler are exactly the same as far as our reaction to stings. It still hurts like hell, I'm really mad now so tommarrow I'm going on a wasp hunt. I'm gonna kill any and every wasp I see. I am useing the vinegar now hoping the pain goes away.

Piranha: I'm just a fan of JDrama's in general. Right now I'm a huge fan of Ueto Aya. She is unbelievably beautiful.

Am I wrong?
aya_ueto1lol.jpg

Yuck.
smile_h_32.gif
Even though you're not having full-blown anaphylaxis (throat closing up, major allergic reaction), some benadryl or another antihistamine may help. also, ice can help with any swelling.

oh as far as antihistamines and such.........................if you ever are having a allergic reaction on your skin like a rash and nothings working try Pepcid AC, sounds wierd i know but it does work sometimes. forget just why but a doc told me about it

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Vinegar or lemon juice stops wasp stings and baking soda stops bee stings.

Vinegar also works for jellyfish stings. So does urine (allegedly.)

dirt (potting soil) + water = mud!
Mud does great for drawing out the venom and ease the pain as it dries. I've used it plenty in the past for wasp and bee stings. I've tried flour & water but it didn't work as well for me.

This year I got stung on my leg however and after a bit I felt really high, my eyes couldn't focus, I felt dizzy and my heart seemed to be beating oddly for a little while so I might be developing an alergy to the yellow jackets (which is what always sting me in spring). Never had that reaction before.

i say...
i don't know a thing. go to the doctor if you're concerned. do you have medical coverage? sounds like you're feeling reeeally crappy.

Back