What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing new Carnivorous plant!

Check this out! Discovered by a Japanese guy:

00000194_01b.jpg

Tuberous Fangmouth herbarium specimen

More specimens (non plant)

what is that really? i want to put one in a vintage coffee can like little shop of horrors!

Hahahah, those're some cool images! Whoever created those is pretty creative. The plant one looks like the "mouth" part is a split seed pod or something.

Very cool looking creations.

Those look like something Barry would get into. He's a big fan of H. P. Lovecraft and those look like something out of one of Lovecraft's stories.

You cant pull another april fools joke on me!
smile_n_32.gif

I love how the stuff is all antiqued and painted very dull colors like old curio specimens collected from around the world. Wish I could read the pages - or that they showed in-progress shots so I could envision how he makes this stuff with basically just papier mache (and paint)! I have that CP one saved as my wallpaper I just love it but I can sit an look at the rooms for hours! I wish the guy would come to the twin cities and do a show of this stuff we never have any interesting artists come around here.

a bit offtopic:
I will be going to see the Body Worlds (the German Plastinates) sometime in the next couple months so I can photo the exhibits and add to my collection of anatomical references I use for sculpting. I think it will be amazing to see upclose in real life the muscles I am always trying to achieve with realism in clay and wax.

My young cousin Julie told her mom she wants to go with me too. She's like 13 or 14, her mom is sort of afraid she'd be frightened or have nightmares because the plastinates at Body Worlds are real corpses embalmed with polyurethane resin (basically the stuff I make my model kits with). She's the one who asked if I was going to go, so I think if she is not afraid enough to think she wants to go I think she should be able to. Plus the bodies are not in "evil" or "horrific" poses (whatever that is) they only what lies just below the 1/16th of an inch of skin covering of you and me. I think there's no sense in fearing what lies just below your own skin.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You cant pull another april fools joke on me!
smile_n_32.gif

No but I can.
smile_m_32.gif

you got me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ July 08 2006,10:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You cant pull another april fools joke on me!
smile_n_32.gif

No but I can.
smile_m_32.gif
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN.

lolol That was too funny.
laugh.gif

Great find swords! It's even better being able to read the story behind it!
smile_n_32.gif

Can you read it Shokuchuu? Do you have a translator program?

Back