What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this a good sign or a bad one?

Duct tape suggested for spacewalk repair
AP - Tue Jul 11, 6:52 AM ET

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - Even in space, a little duct tape may work wonders. Astronaut Piers Sellers suggested using some of the multipurpose sticky material to fix a safety-jet backpack used during spacewalks after it almost came loose from him while he repaired the international space station.

Ok, we've just found another use. Add that one to your book Jimscott !

when i was little i thought it was duck tape lol.

i also thought the civil war was the silver war and was over silver, and i thought inmates in orange jumpsuites picking up trash were called prostitutes lol

Funny thing about duct tape.. its got a billion uses, but the one thing you really don't want to use it for is taping ducts together.. go figure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseraguy @ July 11 2006,11:48)]Ok, we've just found another use. Add that one to your book Jimscott !
LOL!
smile.gif

I'm impressed NASA would think to send its astronauts up with a roll of duct tape. The Pentagon would give Halliburton a $100 million no-bid contract to accompany the astronauts with a roll of tape.

Yeah but thier duct tape costs $1000 per roll,LOL,aint that how it works?The tax payers get shafted for stupid stuff like that.Just like the stuff the military uses that you can buy in any store that they charge the tax payers outlandish prices for!

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ July 11 2006,10:47)]Yeah but thier duct tape costs $1000 per roll,LOL,aint that how it works?The tax payers get shafted for stupid stuff like that.Just like the stuff the military uses that you can buy in any store that they charge the tax payers outlandish prices for!

Jerry
You shoulda seen the deluxe toilets they had!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
They cost like $1,000 and had fewer accessories than the one that Tim (The Toolman) Taylor designed.

Back