What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i'm GOING to do it this time!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
well i dont know about it altering how you think and behave, that could be said about anything. or numbing and seperating me from my conciousness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ July 14 2006,10:03)]Tobacco is evil, it alters the way you think and behave. It numbs you and sepperates you from your true conscious.
That's why I started drinking.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

JustLikeAPill,
If by any chance the patch doesn't work for you, here is the strongest possible "stop smoking aid" available.  It available only by perscription.  IT REALLY WORKS.

Nictrol Inhaler (Nicotine Inhalation System) 10 mg/cartridge.

I tried everything to quit but sitting around, having a few beers with my friends, who all smoke, was just too much of a temptation for the "patch" to handle.  It was just too easy to ask a buddy for a cigarette.

The inhaler, similar to a small cigarette holder, gave me the instant nicotine hit I needed under the circumstances.  I have been smoke free for two years but still keep one of the inhalers handy "just in case".

Good luck

it's known that being around smokers and drinking alcohol increases cravings. it is wise to stay awy from smokers whenever possible and don't drink while you're trying to quit. seriously. this is both clinically and from personal experience. for me, beer and cigarette just go hand in hand so i just didn't drink anything at all for a while- which was no problem cause i don't drink that much anyway.

hang in there, JustLikeAPill. we're all rooting for you. go cuss somebody out or throw a tantrum or something- whatever it takes. i'll even box you if that would make you feel better- but only online cause i'm not that big.
smile_m_32.gif

I don't smoke, but I'll find something else to give up if you'll box me Bugfreak.
smile_n_32.gif

my mom smokes and my dad is addicted to the gum lol

Well Clint, you need to get off the nicotine as soon as possible. Its not ment to be an alternative to smoking. It is ment to help you get over the psycological habit of putting the smoke to you lips before you get over the chemical addiction of the nicotine. When you smoke the smoke itself is what is bad for your lungs, but all those heart affect and hardening of the arteries is caused by the nicotine, and other chemicals associated with smoking. So when your doing the patch or only reducing part of your risk. The risk to your lungs, but all the cardiovascular effects are still there. Some things you can buy over the counter that help rid your body of toxins like cleans blends herba Tea and other detoxification things you can buy at GNC will help rid your body of the nicotine so you can get over the withdrawls from it baster. Once its out keep it out. The chemical withdrawls od nicotine don;t last that long. The majority of the withdrawl effects are psycological. You can do it Bro. I know you can. You just have to get over the hump. Oh and if your worried about gaining weight, then START EXERSIZING!
smile_m_32.gif
. That will help boost your immune system and help your body rebuild itself faster. Plus help you from gaining weight, and give you something to do to keep your mind of the smokes till you don't want them anymore.

Granted I still bum every now and again, but my body told me I had to stop. If I smoke more than one or two then I feel like crap and get a headache. So I don't think I could physicaly handle smoking again.

Back