What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stevia culture

Just wondering how hard Stevia is to grow? I'm going to be ordering some seeds and grow it in a 12" or bigger container with loose soil. Any info on how much sun it can take, how much it needs to be watered, and how it deals with the winter would be awesome.

Thanks.

I dont know how it deals with winter, But I have a store bought plant. It says it likes sandy soil, but I have it in strait up potting soil. VER EASY grower!

Hope this helps!

I found it difficult to start from seed, but the plant seems to require no care at all, beyond occasional watering. I have no other conditions to compare it to, but mine gets 1-3 hours of direct sun per day (midday!), and bright shade for several more hours. No info about cold weather, sorry.
Mine sits in a tray with 1/2-1 inch of water, but that's just my cp training. If it gets uincomfortably dry, it starts to droop. If you water quickly at that point, it perks right back up.

Back