What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look what was in my yard tonight!

This little fella obviously was born quite late here in Michigan. Most fawns are twice his size already.

a23ebce8.jpg

Don't let Copper or rattler see it.

Don't worry he has a good 2 years before I plan on eating him!

awwwwww... how sweet... whats that in the background... corn? grin.

Very nice. WHere i live I see them all the time feasting on tree leaves in pennypack park. Veery nice pict.
Jim

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ July 19 2006,11:13)]Don't let Copper or rattler see it.
You mean.... "Bambi-burgers"?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

LOL! i dont shoot the young ones. to much work butchering for 2 lil meat though i have to say the lil ones are much easier to pack out
smile_m_32.gif
at about 2-3 years old they are perfect for the table
smile_m_32.gif

very cute, its fun watching deer, especially out your own window

Awwww...how sweet. Love the spots on fawns. I got to see young buck bounding through a field last weekend up in Charlottesville. He was beautiful!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't worry he has a good 2 years before I plan on eating him!

Are you crazy? Get that sucker now! Don't know? The cuter they are, the better they taste! That's why lamb, veal & rabbit are so darn good!

yeah but ive butchered one of those lil guys before(well a lil older it had lost its spots. never shoot a lone deer on the prairie with nothing to guage size) its way to much work for what lil meat is there. a dry doe a 2 or 3 years old is excellent eating and has 3 times the meat of bambi there

ahhh dont eat it! Poor little deer, can't you leave it and allow it to  chew on the grass or do what they do.

There are no deer in levittown but there are rabbits. And a strange family down the street that love eating/breeding rabbits. I used to be friends with their son and well... they did something that haunts me

one day when I was over (correction: the last day I was over).  They grabed a tiny adorable rabbit and grabed its head and twisted it back. A really loud CRY was followed by a CRACK! I still cant believe I was actually invited to thier filthy dinner, rabbit with mashed potatoes. I declined and never spoke to the family again.

Perhaps they are fattening thier son so they can eat him too.
mad.gif

confused.gif

Hasenpfeffer.................. good stuff
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Wolf - (love that name!)
Nice picture. Takes me back a few years.
Ron

Thanks Ron,

I am fond of my name as well!

That little fawn seems to like it in our yard this is the fourth night in a row he has wandered through and each time w/o a doe leading him.

Abandoned maybe? Then again i have heard how the mothers leave them somewhere safe, to go forage, then come back for them later.. maybe your yard is the New safe place...

Not a deer this time, but these little fella's have over taken my sarrs outside and have even slipped into the GH and are all over my neps.

Mantisonsarr2.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ahhh dont eat it! Poor little deer, can't you leave it and allow it to chew on the grass or do what they do.

There are no deer in levittown but there are rabbits. And a strange family down the street that love eating/breeding rabbits. I used to be friends with their son and well... they did something that haunts me

one day when I was over (correction: the last day I was over). They grabed a tiny adorable rabbit and grabed its head and twisted it back. A really loud CRY was followed by a CRACK! I still cant believe I was actually invited to thier filthy dinner, rabbit with mashed potatoes. I declined and never spoke to the family again.

Perhaps they are fattening thier son so they can eat him too.

Man, what a post for someone who supposedly has "evil inside."

lolol Good point.
biggrin.gif

Back