What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eat my Shorts

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I'm having a little situation. It all started with a good idea. As most of you know I have a snake named Lucy. Lucy is short for Lucifer for obvious reasons. Long time memebrs here may remember what Lucy is most famous for. The after dinner attack about a year ago, and her favorite predinner activity, decapitating quails. Anyway she is extremely aggressive. She's so aggressive that it's a challenge to change her water. I normally use the hand above the cage to distract her method. It works pretty good. Tonight I had a better idea. I would grab a pair of my shorts throw over her, grab the bowel while she was trying to find her way out. It worked I grabbed the bowl, washed it and filled it with water. I knew by the time I got back she would have found her way out and be ready to get a taste of my hand for the mean trick I just pulled on her. But she was still wrapped up in them. I replaced the water bowl and grabbed the shorts from the tank. I don't think I can explain what happened. I'll just show the pics.

128569625O873162372.jpg

128569649O912024495.jpg

128569634O836878866.jpg

128569662O959351429.jpg

128569639O084558444.jpg

She still has them and refuses to let go.

And no jokes about king snakes favoite food.
mad.gif

i thought "domestic" snakes were tame? i've never met a mean "domestic" snake before.

Oh my  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

biggrin.gif

Nice shorts.....
laugh.gif

She's real tame, She's just curious about what the blood in my hand taste like.

Well, there's really no such thing as a domestic snake; no species is more than a dozen generations removed from the wild. Some species are just popular pets because they're naturally dociles (boas, corn snakes) compared to more agressive species (amazon tree boas, coachwhips).

As far as Ozzy's situation, the solution is booze. Alcohol irritates the lining of their mouth, and they'll let go instantly. Rubbing alcohol, listerine, or, lacking those, strong alcoholic beverages all work. I've had to use listerine once in the past to remove a 12 foot burmese python from my hand, and it worked wonderfully. Just splash it in their mouth, and they should let go instantly (and be very, very pissed off as a result).

Mokele

I know that trick, but I figured since she had the shorts and not me, I would just wait her out. It worked, about 20 mins ago I reached in and grabed the shorts.

Somehow.. I just would expect something like this from you.. lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]grab the bowel while she was trying to find her way out.

Now THAT must have been really gross.
smile_t_32.gif

confused.gif

And...WOOO WOOOOOOOOOO on the shorts. That's hot.

laugh.gif

There was just a new item a day or two ago about a python that at an electric blanket.

You'd think they could tell the difference!

Ozzy has a big snake in his shorts!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Did she die of indigestion??

Is that a Victoria's Secret label I see.
Oh Ozzy, Say it isn't so.

No, I cut all the labels off of anything I buy from Victories Secret.

I was going to ask what lable but..uh..nevermind!

biggrin.gif
thats a mean looking snake. I love it!

Back