What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! POPUPS!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
yeah i have norton and virus sheild

Not familiar with the Norton firewall, but it should work as well as Zone Alarm.

Norton's stuff stinks, and its a resource HOG!!!! I wouldn't use them. There are planty of others that use less and do a better job.

I am always amazed at how many folks do get things on the internet. I use computer associates virus protection, and windows firewall. I had a router connected that had a hardwarebased firewall built into it from sysco systems, but its disconnected now. I use adware to remove spyware and adwatch to prevent. I did get a couple things on the PC that the active monitoring of CA virus didn't pick up, but when I did the scan it did and then I had to delete manualy. I use IE and go do some shadey websites. I have other hobbies too, and I like programs. I have had glitches here and there, but nothings major. So I duno what the appropriate answer is for safe guarding your computer, but if a guru looked at my PC they probably would be shocked at how little I do run.

As far as reinstalling windows goes. People should make a slipstream disk, if they have the cd/DVD burning capability. You can add all the updates to the disk and even all the programs you would normaly have to install after you installed windows right to the copy of windows your installing. One shot restore and everything is back to like you had it. I haven;t made one myself yet, but it can be done. Thatway you have all the windows updates and favorite programs loaded all at once when a restore is in order. Do a search for slipstream and your bound to find an article on how to do it. I started looking but never finished the research. And its legal to make the copy of windows with the slipstreaming for personaly use. In fact windows will tell you how to do it.

JLAP I am glad your getting things back under control, and I would have never known what in the heck to do since I have never encountered it before.

Back