What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downsizing my collection

I've recently made the decision to downsize my collection in a big way, because I've lately had next to no time to care for my plants. Rather than letting them all die, I want to make them available to you guys, who I know will take good care of them.

Here's my growlist: My Plants

If there's anything that you're interested in, please PM me and we can work something out. I want to get rid of most of these plants as soon as possible, so get em' while they're hot!

Hey man, I know I said it in my PM to you, but I figured I'd say it here so the other folks who've either gotten to know you here or have appreciated you posts here (as I have) can chime in, and so that people who don't know you can get an idea...

I've found you to be a great asset to these forums. I've found your posts to be often usefull or amusing. I hope that even though you don't have time for CPs, that you'll remain an active part of our little community here. And you know that when you come back -they have a funny way of always coming back, don't they folks?- myself and others will be happy to get you back on your CP feet.

And no, I'm not brown-nosin' for plants. Rock on, Mitch!

--Jonathan

I agree with Est, I too have sent Mitch a pm. Not only would I like to *have* your plants. I'm also willing to just *grow* your plants to the best of my ability untill you're ready to have them (or cuttings of them) back. While time may be tight now... I'm sure you'll be ready to grow them again in no time.
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew

Yes, Stewardship is a great way to "give" your plants out until your ready for them again when the time is right.

This is indeed a great way to ensure if you ever decide to return to the hobby, that plants will be available for you. Most people come back eventually.
smile.gif

I hope you do stick around the forums anyway...and keep a few plants for yourself.

I would love to help out and care for you plants till your ready for them back.  
smile.gif
  Anything for a fellow grower. Just looked at your growlist. Wow thats alot of nepenthes.
smile_n_32.gif

I agree with everyone-you've been a great help with these forums, and a great friend. I don't really have any space, but maybe I could squeeze in some plants. I hope you are still interested in CP's when ya have more time!

-Ben

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I've always enjoyed coming here and talking with you guys. But don't worry, I'm not giving up CP growing for good. I'm still keeping a good number of plants, but just not as many as I'm currently growing. And I'll for sure keep posting here, because there's no way I could just LEAVE you guys!

I'm sorting through the gi-normous pile of PMs and emails that I got concerning my plants. The response has been quite overwhelming! I'm a bit bummed though because I won't have enough plants to go around for everyone who contacted me, but I'll do my best!

By the way, here's a couple plants that aren't on my growlist that I'm making available:

N. ampullaria x gracillis
D. graminifolia

Thanks again for all your interest and support! You guys rock!
smile.gif

A few more plants added:

U. longifolia
U. sandersonii
U. bisquamata
P. cyclosecta

And I just bought a greenhouse - fortune works in mysterious ways....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Aug. 08 2006,9:02)]And I just bought a greenhouse - fortune works in mysterious ways....
scary

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for making my collection downsizing very successful! I'm just about down to the number of plants that I can take care of with minimal hassle, but I have a few left. I've decided to put them into packages and let you guys know what I have:

Ping Package:

- P. esseriana
- P. ehlersiae
- P. ssp.
- P. cyclosecta

Sundew Package:

- Drosera capensis 'Typical'
- Drosera capensis 'Albino'
- Drosera capensis 'Red Leaf'
- Drosera spatulata
- Drosera graminifolia
- Drosera aliciae

Nepenthes Package:

- N. alata x maxima
- N. bicalcarata
- N. ramispina
- N. fusca

Bladderwort Package:

- U. longifolia
- U. bisquamata
- U. sandersonii

Once again, thanks to everyone for helping out! Please PM me if any of these packages interest you.

Thanks again, Mitch! Just got back to the house from my conference and the lil' guys look to be settling in well. Somehow, though, my Ceph and D. falconeri appear to be in decline. Maybe they're jealous. :)
Peace,
~Joe

Good to hear Joe! I hope they all grow well for you.

On another note, I still have quite a few plants left everyone, so if you're at all interested, please PM me!

In fact, pretty much all the packages listed above are still available!

Back