What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ive got this growing all over my back yard

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
smile_l_32.gif
 I didn't know herbs were considered that.  
smile_m_32.gif

And your right Drugs are bad.  I'm glad I didn't start this thread.  
smilie4.gif

smile.gif

smile_n_32.gif

I already started some issues this week.

Rattler do those strike easy from cuttings?  How tolerent of cold are they?  Would you be up for taking some cuttings?

they are annuals or short lived perrenials. they are grown for making papper. IIRC kenaf is what the JC Penny's catelogs are made out of.

will check, i might have a bit of seed left though it is now approaching 2 years old. stilli did have close to 90% germination as of 8 weeks ago.

cool.  Hemp makes good paper too, but alas we are banned from growing that beautiful plant.  Its ashame too.  1 acre of hemp makes the equivalent of 9 acres of trees when it comes to paper from what I hear.  And it grows to adulthood in one year.
smile_l_32.gif

actually in some states you can get a permit to grow industrial hemp. though i doubt you could jump through enough hoops to get one to grow a single plant

Yeah well I don't have any land to grow it in, plus the field might get robbed on more than one occasion.

Nice plant! There's a Begonia that's shaped the same way which I've been forbidden to get!
laugh.gif

Dont forget about Hibiscus coccineus, that looks alot like Cannabis also. Plus they get really pretty blooms.

Back