What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BellSouth SUCKS!!!

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
I am so sick and tired of BellSouth I could just about scream.

For about the last year I have been hounded and harassed by them because they want to sell me new services. About 10 months back they were calling me every other day for over 3 weeks. The first call was an offer for DSL service at a reduced price. I replied that I dod not own a computer and so had no need for DSL service. But they kept calling and offering. Finally I snapped and told the person that called that they had better note that they had called me more than 10 times for the same offer and that every time I had said "no" and that if they called again I would immediatly terminate my service with them.

Then, a few months ago they actually had a person come to my house to try and solicit me. I went off on him something fierce and figured that would be the end of it.

But no!! A week ago I started getting calls from Joplin MO. I answered the first call only to be hung up on. My wife answered the second call and was likewise hung up on. At that point we started letting the machine catch it figuring someone might leave a message. No such luck. Then I started trying to call the number back and it was always busy. LAst night they called again and lo and behold an actual human was there wen I answered. She asked how I was and I told her I was more than a little frusterated with the fact that I had been recieving hang ups from this Joplin number for over a week. She actually laughed, said that it was not her but that they were all courtesy calls from BellSouth. COURTESY?!?! How in Hades is calling and hanging up courtesy?? I believe I uttered something along the lines of "You have to be kidding me" which she took to mean I wanted to hear her schpiel. So I hung up on her.

My wife and I immediatly decided that that was the last straw. Today, after work, we are going to get a cell plan and terminate our land line. And when I do it I am going to ask to speak to the manager and explain to him in exquisite detail just why I am terminating my plan.

Okay. End of rant. I feel marginally better.

And then the cell phone company you have chosen will start calling you, thanking you for doing business with them and then start calling to offer phone and service upgrades...........

And then Bell South will start calling asking what could they have possibly done wrong to cause you to cancel their wonderful service..........

And then....
laugh.gif

I can sympathize. I've been having problems with Verizon Wireless. In a few months my contract is up and I plan on going in and asking them to tell me WHY I should stay with their service. They've lied to me and kicked me out of their automatic debit program through no fault of my own...yet can't reinstate me for 6 months because they can't manually override the system! They screw up...I'm kicked out.

I see now why phone companies rook you into a contract. That way, their service doesn't have to be good. You HAVE to stay with them even if the service sucks.

I really can't believe BellSouth called you THAT much. Are you on a Do Not Call list?

Lauderdale,

I am not going to answer any call I can not recognize anymore be it land or cell.

PAK,

I am on the DNC list but the beauty of that list from the point of view of the phone company is that by being a customer of theirs you are accepting that they can solicit you and so they are exempt from DNC listings. Cheap loophole that I am sure some wanker corporate lawyer came up with

Oooh, you know why you get hung up on? It's sort of the luck of the draw, actually.

They way that it works is that they have a machine call a certain number of homes; more than they have people available to make sure they talk to someone. If two people get rung, one person picks up the phone and has to wait a few seconds before they get connected to a real person, and if the other person picks up riiiiight after, then they just get hung up on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Cheap loophole that I am sure some wanker corporate lawyer came up with

We've been having a problem with a lot of non-profits looking for money calling us. Since they're not for profit, they are exempted from the DNC list. What really pisses me off is that they don't have a caller ID. Caller ID tags should be mandatory- if someone doesn't want to talk to you on their phone, pestering them isn't going to help their disposition.

i have DSL...no problems.
Alex

Back