What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is now a bad time of year to initiate

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I am about to receive seeds of D. luscitanicum, temperate pings, B. liniflora, and Sarracenia. I have no artificial lighting at the moment, nor do I have a greenhouse. All that I have are either at window sills or outside. Would it better to keep any or all these seeds in cold storage and just wait until next year, or can any of them be started now?

At least the Sarracenia and maybe the others have to be stratified. Wait until the knowledgable people chime in before doing anything with the others. I stratify Sarracenia seeds by putting them in a ziploc with a little moist (not soaking wet) sphagnum. Leave them in there several months and then start them. Some people have a way of starting them in paper towels which I need to learn before starting seeds again because its apparently more reliable. But I like germinating them around the new year so they can grow a little before going outside for the summer.

what about D. peltata?

Back