What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crazy Bermudian Spider

So I just got back from a trip to Bermuda and I need to know what kind of spider this is. Can anyone help? Bermuda was awesome and I had a lot of fun.

Thanks!
~ Brett

Cool! Bermuda sounds like fun! thats a crazy looking spider, some one should definetaly tell what kind or sp's of spider it is!

We have those or similar in the States...but the name escapes me right now. Might try searching maybe spiny orb weaver or crab orb weaver.

It looks like you got it - it's a "spiny orb-weaver" (genus Gasteracantha). Very cool - Thanks

~ Brett

I used to call them star spiders or a crab spiders when I was little

Yeah we have those here in Ga.

Jerry

We have them in NC too.

and in KY...only they are different. they are spikey but arent as round as that.
Alex

I have seen those suckers grow huge, and their webs big enough to be a hassle when I am blindly looking for a morning tree while camping.

I once got trapped in one of their webs and had to hack my way out with my scimitar... oh, wait... that's when I was playing D&D.:O

laugh.gif
@ Dyflam. hehe Morning tree?? lol

We have them in VA too.

I hate walking into spider webs. Its so gross.

Back