What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Journey

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 26 2006,4:33)]There were a lot of "closet raised" kids that went absolutely nuts as freshmen, with their new found freedoms.
HELLO! I feel like a hothouse lilly!

Ahaah he ad pot on thw windowsill...that woul be a little awkward!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Aug. 26 2006,4:46)]With the nearest cities being Burlington, VT and Montreal, going to Plattsburg isn't really staying in NY.
....and I've been to both, during my time at PSUC. I had a lot of fun on campus, though. Played a lot of ping-pong, pool, tennis, Scrabble, chess, football, softball.... and I spent a lot of time with my fellowship group.

Hey I got a whole bunch of new plants. Really nice stuff. Should make a bundle at the garage sale this weekend. Woot Tahiti here I come!!!

Good move on the fast action with your first roomate situation!!

T

Dustin,

Best of luck with your studies. Please keep us updated - always enjooy your postings.

Best regards,
KPG

Thanks guys....hey Tony.....Tahiti...here comes Dustin too....to make your vacation a living nightmare! :p

When I went off to college, I never looked back. lol The freedom was heady! I went to bed when I wanted, got up when I wanted (uhh...within the time constraints of classes), wore what I wanted, ate when and what I wanted, did what I wanted. I went to class barefooted in shorts and halter tops and smoked cigarettes in class (shocking I know...but it was allowed then!). I didn't party that much just because I don't care for most alcohol...ick. But I did a little. I can remember drinking OJ and vodka while whaling away with hammer and chisel on my wood sculpture in the art building.

I really lucked up in the dormatory department. As a freshman, I landed in an upperclassman dorm. Not only that, but I ended up in what I learned was the "President's room"...the room reserved normally for the dorm President. Luckily the previous year's Prez had graduated and her roommate "squatted" the room. So I was placed in there with the "squatter". It was a single room (no suitemates) with a window looking out into a huge oak tree. It had a walk-in closet and private bath with a TUB!! No one else in the dorm had a tub but me. My lack of suitemates, huge closet and tub were a never-ending source of wonderment and envy of everyone who came into my room. Their jaw would drop and eyes would bug out...and then the inevitable question ..."Can I come take a bath in your tub!!!?!" Needless to say I squatted that room for all 4 years...some years with no roommate even!

College is a great time...new people, new friends, new experiences, fun, stress, work, lack of sleep... lol Its great.
smile.gif
Enjoy it! There will be ups and downs but overall, you're gonna have a great time.

And I'm glad you turned that guy in. You need to be rooming with someone you get along with. Yeah, you can have fun but you also have to study hard.

Keep us updated!

Sometimes I wish I had left for college, but I went to a tech school and it wasn;t till after I was married and had my own place that I went to college. I did move out thought on my own at 19 and moved 2 and a half hours away to Macon and lived in an apartmentby myself. That was an experience, but never got as socialy active as I would have in a school someplace. Luckily I was a late bloomer and even though I am not as socialy active as I wopuld like to be I am not a shy person anymore and can make friends with just qabout anyone.

Don;t squander your times there Nep G these are the best times of your life. NETWORK buddy Network! You never know who the friends you make now will be in the future. Since sometimes its not what youknow, but who you know those friends may just have more than your back in the future. Good luck and Study bro. If I knew I could get a job makine good money here in GA with a botiny degree I would go for it. So as it stands I am going into something else I love and thats medicine. Going to be a nurse and work in the Operating room to bring in enough money to support my habit and hopefully my business. The botiny courses will come later. Again good luck and study hard! Just don't forget to toss in some partying in there someplace. Its not just about getting ripped its about the experience!

i think it would be cool to be a botanist who finds new drugs from plants. you know, the person who isolates chemicals from new plants to fight cancer and other stuff. that would be so awesome.

like the guys from that blood orchid movie.

That would be someone working for a pharmeceutical company...like a plant geneticist finding the chemicals in the tissues.

Don't worry Josh, I'l throw in some partying somewhere along the lines! lol Don't you worry!

vodka and OJ...gotta remember that for college
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Of all the things you could try to remember for college, you single out vodka & OJ?  If you gotta drink, avoid the sweet stuff.  No Southern Comfort or schnapps or rum & Coke or vodka & OJ.  Those gateway drinks are how kids get drunk, lose control and wake up hungover and whatever else happened to them (usually also bad).  You're much better off if you skip that step entirely and go right to beer & pizza.

Beer.....blech....can't stand that. Only thing I can drink is Budweiser.

oh god bee blah. i like hard spirits, it only hurts for a little while!

Back