What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request for minors on the board

I've been using the internet since I was like.. 11. I started out with AOL (Kids Only) which SUCKED.. then slowly moved to Young Teen (also sucked) then Mature Teen for like a month, then we switched cuz my parents finally realized how much AOL sucked. Soon after, I had unlimited access to the internet.. and I can tell you one thing.. I AM NEVER GOING BACK.

I know more about the internet and computers than both of my parents combined and they know that, so they don't worry. I do agree that little kids should have somewhat limited access to the internet or they should at least be taught how to use it correctly and safely first. Most people around my age (15 and up I guess) are mature enough to use the internet without causing much trouble.. there are exceptions... but none of them here thankfully!

I also have been using the internets by myself since I was young, and if I haven't I wouldn't have learned about computers at a young age.

I say it is more half and half. You can blame the parents all you want. They do have a big responsibility to keep their children safe. That being said, it is highly up to the the individual. I have come across many people I would trust with a stick, much less unrestricted access with a computer. But, I have also met kids that are more responsible then alot of adults. These two senerios don't always go hand in hand with good parenting. You can't always put the weight of the world on the parents.

Personally, I have been talking on the computer for the better part of 10 years. I have made great friends of all ages, and I love them dearly. I have even had the pleasure of meeting some of them. You haven't experienced life until you have met someone you have talked to for 5 years and never met in person. It is truely something everyone should experience.

Back