What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my ugly miata

• Thread starter bugfreak
  • Start date
well.... our ugly little miata finally got put back together. yea!!! we've had this thing for a while and it hasn't been driveable but it's up and running. nathan even took a small drag strip last saturday. (1/8 mile i think)

hey copcar, have you ever heard of Yello Belly drag strip in Grand Prairie?

anywho, here are some pics of our lovely ugly car. the night crew at work stole the speakers out of it. it was also recently burglarize for $1.50 in change.

before:
IM000653.jpg

now:
IM000349.jpg

Looks good, so I take it the frame was not damaged.

Yeah I used to go there back in the day. Mostly I would have my old drag FB (I miss that car
smile_h_32.gif
) or whatever I was driving at the time. Havent been there in a while though, maybie I should head out there.

I like that car, with a paint job it'll look great. Beats a bug anyday.

pfffffffft! what-ever. it won't beat a bug until nathan gets that stupid turbo kit for it. hubby also wants to take the nitrous off the celica and put it on the miata. i don't get it. why the heck do you need/want all that on a little sardine can of a car that barely weighs more than i do.

copcar, i work literally down the street from you off Cockrell Hill Road just 2 miles north of I-20... how bout taking the RX-7 for a spin?

Good Lord you are close. I work here off of Hampton and Ledbetter
smile_k_ani_32.gif
. We are prolly less than 3 miles apart
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Right now the rx7 is at the shop getting a roll cage. So all I have to drive is my big slow box (Scion xB). Next time you head out to a track let me know I might be free.

I have one of those, and I love it:
226269667_7e08bac5b7.jpg

Oh, and I also owned a Bug a few years back (Vortex Blue!) and it was really fun to drive that as well.

wow! that is a clean miata, vftgrrl!!! hope you don't mind if we stop by and take your top and a few body parts... i mean, look! in your photo you're clearly not even using the top and mine needs replacing.
smile_n_32.gif

for those of you who care, and especially for those who don't care here is where i work:
Work Website

Thanks bugfreak. I've cut out the plastic window portion of my top since it has turned black, and I need to replace my top too
smile.gif
Since its summer (still) I drive top down 100% of the time, which is more fun, IMO.

What a great place to work, so I guess you get to change your wheels often then!

btw, what color Bug do you have?

IM000334_smaller.jpg

we only stock factory wheels.. so... the bug has some 18 in BBS rims that originally go on a 2005 VW Jetta GLI. i had someone photoshop what they would look like if i powder coated them blue a while ago:
cars.jpg

oh wait... that's not it!

here we go:
blurimsphotoshop.jpg

my little plastic thingie is missing on my miata too, although mine's made of glass for some reason.the sunlight and heat are BRUTAL in texas, so it makes for an uncomfortable ride during a summer day.

Those bugs are built for speed! Especialy if they have the v8 in them. The orriginal bugs were designed to travel on the german autobon. NO SPEEDLIMIT in most areas! No doubt the new ones were too. Nice cars everyone. I have a mercury sable 98 and dodge ram 99. Nothing for speed here. LOL Now that the sable is paid off this month I might be able to put some rims on the thing and finish the system.
smile_n_32.gif

Wow, you know we used to race out there behind the Sweetheart factory right near your workplace? Did you ever hang out there and watch people race?

my bug is a 1.8liter turbocharged 4 cylinder. the new new new ones are a 2.5 or diesel. the beetle is spunky but i felt it was underpowered, so i got it chipped. seemed like the most cost effective way to get a little more kick out of it so it would be funner to drive.

miata's a toy for nathan. we picked it up for $850. i need a "real" car. i don't really dig sedans although i need one so unfortunately for me everything i want is a bit on the pricey side.

Miata? Isn't that a Mazda MX5 / Eunos Roadster?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alexis @ Sep. 03 2006,9:37)]Miata? Isn't that a Mazda MX5 / Eunos Roadster?
Yep it is.

I use the Miata as a daily driver, though I have an Acura RSX, its more fun driving a roadster.

Back