What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seed

something strange happened to me lately..
Ok whenever i tried the bleach solution method with the byblis seed
i also threw in some d filiformis seed(their my guinea pigs) because I wanted to try an experiment. even though i have had them in the fridge for several months in a plastic bag, two weeks after i sowed them onto the soil, they all germinated, and I'm pretty sure that I had about a 90% - 97% germination success.

How about a control? Those percentages aren't impressive if, say, you'd get 100% without the bleach. Know what I mean?

Somebody say 'experiment'?
smile.gif
Yeah, try two batches of D. filiformis seeds, one with and one without the bleach solution. Did your seed turn white? How long were they in the solution?

I didn't use a control( stupid me) but they did turn a little lighter, but some just got shinier, I'd say thay they were in there for about 15 minutes. If anyone tries this and gets different results, or even the same please tell me.

Back