What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really good packing technique

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
When I first started shipping plants I was only guessing as to how to do so.

Things I have tried:

1) Since one of my first trading partners was Copper, I emulated what she was doing, which was wrapping the plants in moistened paper towels, in a baggie.

2) Then I tried other things. One was to ship them in 50 & 100 ml tubes, with layers of wadded paper towels of plants.

3) Then I tried the Whitman Sampler approach, which was to use one of my plastic pipette containers, with the plants planted in various locations, and a paper showing what and where it was.

4) Recently I tried placing plants in moistened LFS, in those arts & crafts bags.

5) A couple weeks back I received a few sundews from Capslock. The planst were nestled in the bagged LFS, moistened, and placed in a baggie. Now I'm used to sending and receiving sundews that lose their dew, by the time they arrive. These sundews still had their dew! I was very impressed. That was the best shipment I had ever received.

I would agree with you that plants shipped seemed to do very well when barerooted and packed in LFS in a baggie. Some of my worst have been potted plants....they just seemed to get tossed around in the package with leaves crushed!
mad.gif

I prefer bareroot in LFS anyday!
Peter.

I prefer potted with a cup over them to protect them. Oh and the soil mix taped down. I could tell you where does this but I bet I would get yelled at. Every plant I got from these people have got to me in perfect condition.

Back