What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emperor Scopions

• Thread starter Nickz123
  • Start date
I have been wanting to get an Emperor Scorpion for a while now and was wondering if anyone on here keeps them as pets. If you do or have in the past, give me some advice and share your experiences.
Thanks,
-Nick

I found one(not sure what kind) around my plants a few weeks ago,needless to say I killed it.I have no use for them,and since my daughter like cps I would hate for her to get stung.

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ Sep. 04 2006,1:33)]I found one(not sure what kind) around my plants a few weeks ago,needless to say I killed it.I have no use for them,and since my daughter like cps I would hate for her to get stung.

Jerry
probably a Centurodies(sp?) Scorpion. they are quite poisonous for their size and are found in florida, georgia, alabama, and mississippi.
Alex

I have had them but now only have spiders. they are very interesting and pretty easy to keep. very docile for their size and their good for scaring company.
smile_m_32.gif

and scorpions are flourescent, thats way cool!

About two years ago I was stung by a little brown scorpion, They live in our house and every now and then they'll pop up, mostly in my bedroom and on my little brother's backpack.

Emperors make good starter scorpions.  They are reluctant to sting, but they do love to pinch!  The Desert Hairy (Hadrurus spp.) make more interesting pets, but I wouldn't handle them.  Stay away from Androctonus, Leirus, and any other "Hot" scorpions. If you have any questions, just PM me.

cool85k5 and others, if you have local scorpions, could I possibly get you to send me some?  I can trade you some CP's for them.

Sure,if I see any more I'll catch them and put them in a container.It's like I'm going out to hunt for any,but I'll send you a pm if/when I do.

Jerry

i have little georgia scorpions in the back yard. i'll look for some tomorrow and pm you.

Cool, thanks guys.
smile.gif

I might also be able to get some, maybe.........

Back