What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guys ...I am so excited for this

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

I recently saw this. I have seen the "prior claims" 1960 one...but this new one is in HD and all.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. I was going to preorder but apparently its "coming soon"

http://www.equilibriofilms.com/1024/join.htm

http://www.equilibriofilms.com/1024/car_dvd.htm

view VFT thingy here:

http://www.equilibriocarnivorousplants.com/index.p....w&id=38

The quality is amazing even for the trailer. Colour rich,

Hopefully it comes out soon.

DO any of you guys have any more info about its ETA??

cheers,

vraev

----------------------------UPDATE------------------------

email from director::

Dear Varun,

Thanks for your email! I am pleased to know that there is such support for our film. Unfortunately we don't have an exact date for when the project will be completed. Realistically I can say that it should be completed within the next two or three years but not sooner than that. One of the problems we are running into is attracting interest from the major wildlife film companies like National Geographic and Discovery. They usually shy away from documentaries concerning mostly plants because they see plants as being less exciting than, let’s say, a Great White Shark. I’m sure you and the rest of the CP community would respectfully disagree. These plants are incredibly fascinating, and that is what we are trying to express to a wide audience in our film. If you want to know how you can help, you could write a courteous letter to National Geographic or to Discovery expressing your desire to see more documentaries related with plants. The larger the fan base they have asking for programs about plants, the more likely they are to support such programs. I hope that answered most of your questions, and we will certainly inform everyone when the movie is about to be released.

Best regards,

Wes Major

Producer

Equilibrio Films Ltd.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wow thats going to be AWESOME. I would like to se it myself. JUst watching the VFT one and seeing the host walking among all the pitcher plants to the VFT was AMAZING! I have never seen these plants in the wild before and the abundance in a small area was very cool. I know they are not wide spread but there were alot in the area. Man I would like to see this film too.

exactly. I really hope this documentary comes out sometime before christmas
smile.gif

Great now I have to choose between a RO filter or the Film! (or both?_
laugh.gif
) Either Way It looks GREAT!

The Trailer IS the most amazing thing in the WORLD! Cant wait to see the whole thing (to bad I dont have sound rightnow IM at school)

Oooo, I like some documentaries like those Eyewitness videos. Any info on the price?

My my, that is one of the grails in the CP world...I love the music.

guys...check it out...the director for the film has replied to my email. here is what he says

I also updated my first post with his reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Varun,

Thanks for your email! I am pleased to know that there is such support for our film. Unfortunately we don't have an exact date for when the project will be completed. Realistically I can say that it should be completed within the next two or three years but not sooner than that. One of the problems we are running into is attracting interest from the major wildlife film companies like National Geographic and Discovery. They usually shy away from documentaries concerning mostly plants because they see plants as being less exciting than, let’s say, a Great White Shark. I’m sure you and the rest of the CP community would respectfully disagree. These plants are incredibly fascinating, and that is what we are trying to express to a wide audience in our film. If you want to know how you can help, you could write a courteous letter to National Geographic or to Discovery expressing your desire to see more documentaries related with plants. The larger the fan base they have asking for programs about plants, the more likely they are to support such programs. I hope that answered most of your questions, and we will certainly inform everyone when the movie is about to be released.

Best regards,

Wes Major

Producer

Equilibrio Films Ltd.

------------------------------------------------------------------

smile_h_32.gif

omg that sucks... I wont even rember about it in a week! At least in those two -three years or how ever many more years I can buy pleanty of nepenthes fro Equilibrios!
smile.gif

Back