What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

that alaskan pipline sure is rough on the wildlife

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
a guy i know on another forum took this pic this afternoon at work. this wasnt even the big one he saw today............i think someone forgot to tell him he wa being encroached apon.
Caribou911CropC.jpg

WOW! That creature is huge!

What a lovely backdrop for the wildlife!
confused.gif

Seriously, things can be built, and progress can be enjoyed responsibly. CAN be. They often aren't.

Capslock

What a lovely backdrop for the wildlife!

ill give yah that Caps. i posted the pic just to show ppl that
the pipeline doesnt have as big of an impact as most say it does.
i know ppl personally who work for the oil industry up there. the pipeline
and related drilling does lil to actually impact the lives of these animals.
my brother has had herds of caribou walk past him while he was pulling pipe
out of a hole up there. the animals didnt pay the machinery any mind and definatly
didnt bother themselves to even go a 1/2 mile out of their way to go around it,
they just walked on through camp without care in the world, especially since the oil
companies didnt allow firearms in camp so the employees couldnt do a lil hunting. the
total square miles the oil pipelines and drilling rigs take up dont add up to much comparied
to the thousands of square miles of wilderness

rattler_mt- I "read" that photo the same way you did. It's great to see wildlife living with humans. Here in Tucson we are (of course) growing "up the mountain" and as we do- the wildlife up there (bobcats, mountain lians, big spiders,etc) roam around freely. Of course ones that show agression are moved. Thanks for the picture.

I'm with ya, rattler, just having some fun.
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

It's auctually a nice photo displaying the contrast between nature and technology.

Back