What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

goodbye cruel world!!!!!!!!!!&

well not quite, ive got surgery scheduled for my right knee at 7a.m. tomorrow to remove/fix some torn cartilage. kinda sucks as teh hospital is 100 miles away so ive gotta be out here before 5 a.m. will give yah an update on Thursday from the living room couch if im up to climbing stairs, if not, my bedroom in the basement has a phone line
smile_n_32.gif
the wife says she's just going to lock me down there for a few days with a cooler full of refreshments and a box full of eats.....................heres to a 5 day vacation..........she expects me back at the paper on Monday
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the wife says she's just going to lock me down there for a few days with a cooler full of refreshments and a box full of eats.....................heres to a 5 day vacation..........she expects me back at the paper on Monday

:sniffle: There's nothing quite like the loving touch of a woman.

You hang on to her tight you hear! You caught one that knows how to take care of her man.

Good luck. Being put under is so weird!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 12 2006,2:47)]Good luck. Being put under is so weird!
i know i have yet to get to "97"..............

Good luck! I've never been "under the knife" before but I feel for you.

hehe, they never told me to count backwards. They didn't even tell me they were injecting me with anything. I just went out like a light.

this will be the third time for my knees(a 4th to occure next spring) m4th time total(the odd one was for pseudo-appendicitis)

Ohhh I'm sorry. Can't they give you an artificial patella or something?

So you've been through this before?

Do you hurt afterwards?

Two years ago I was about to get my Achilles heel taken care of because I've ripped it twice and It feel like it's hurting again, so in short do you think that it hurts real bad or not? If not I might go under in February.

Good luck and have a speedy recovery
smile.gif

depends on the surgeon. my first knee surgery was a disaster. hooked on pain meds, on crutches for weeks ect, cause of an idiot doc.

second surgery, different doc, was only in the hospital for 5 hours or so, used a crutch for one day, took one perscription pain pill after leaving the hospital and was all i needed and was walking normal after 3 days with no pain, just a slight discomfort. this same doc is the one slicing and dicing tomorrow, i figure ill be working on Monday with less pain than i have today.

if it were me, i would track down a good doc and get my heel taken care off. ive had knee problems for years and if i could find a sure fire way to fix them ill take short term discomfort to fix them any time, . as soon as my insurance rider wears off in April im going under the knife again(tomorrows falls under workmans comp)

Good luck tomorrow and I hope your Dr shows the same skill again.

I had knee surgery 3 years ago - torn meniscus and ACL. Had to use my patellar tendon to rebuilt the ACL. Surgery was easy. Crutches, day to day stuff, and especially the physical therapy were the worst part of it. I feel for ya!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Goodbye cruel world!!!!!

:Eyeroll: Yer freakin' drama queen.....

laugh.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Awww...hate to know you're going through this but...good luck!  At least the surgery is over in a blink and then you can get some good pain meds.  lol

I hope it all goes well and you don't hurt TOO much.  If you PAY ME, I'll come out and take care of you for a week.  (I can sneak out and look for sapphires while you are conked out on pain killers...hehehehehe).  
smile_n_32.gif

Really...best wishes!

geeeeeeeeeeeeeez PAK with friends like you who needs enemies........

calling me names, saying your going to steal my sapphires while im wacked out on drugs..................
smile_n_32.gif

confused.gif

that sux!

Hope things go over well... AT least you get to spend time with youre frog's and youre plants... just looking at them for about 80 hours asuming you stay up 16 hours a day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Sep. 12 2006,4:49)]i know i have yet to get to "97"..............
You're lucky, when I had my appendix out I got down to 68 before the Dr. decided that I was serious when I said I respond to anesthesia strangely

Back