What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will the World look like in 2056?

Its the governments bubble!

No but really, I mean like Giant domes containing citys... we will have micro-organizims living on Mars

NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND Song Lyrics

Turn of the Century
(From the album "WILL THE CIRCLE BE UNBROKEN, VOL II")

There'll be flying boats, and condos with moats;
cultivated oceans, floating cities in the sky.
living underneath a bubble;
no more toil and trouble
Singin' 'bout that sweet ole by and by.

We'll all have lots of money
That we won't have to spend;
You'll be given everything
When everyone's your friend
Hanging out together
in picture perfect weather -
This time 'round the party never ends.

Hallelujah, I can't wait to see it
Hallelujah, come on and go with me
Let me show you the way it's gonna be
at the turn,
the turn of the century.

We won't need no TV preachers
to ask how much we gave
we won't need no TV preachers,
see, by then, we'll all be saved
no more fighting for a country
no child will go hungry
We'll be smiling from the cradle to the grave.

Hallelujah, I can't wait to see it
Hallelujah, come on and go with me
Let me show you the way it's gonna be
at the turn,
the turn of the century.

Call my cynical but I don't think that will ever happen.

So this is what it takes to bring Tamlin back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know I sound like the typical arrogant stupid american but....
Stupid I am not.  But if you substitute "confident" for arrogant, I am.  My pappy told me, "It ain't braggin' if you can do it.
I won't be around to see 2056 but The United States will have survived, perhaps in a kinder, gentler form.    We will still have the same friends, UK, Australia, Poland and many of the Latin American countries.  
We will still be shipping our food to the rest of the world and saving them from themselves...they will still be ungrateful.

Sorry, but still no flying cars.

I dunno.. I kind of think of other countries like the ones in the ME as primitive. Maybe i'm being arrogant agian. Auctually I'm REALLY fed up with them. I'm sick of the murderous extremist and the war. Whenever there's a new video all I hear is blah blah blah death to america! I'm sick of their crap. These people need to get with the program. It's the 21st century and they (the extremists/fundamentals) still make their women wear burkas. What are they afraid of western culture for? A women showing bare skin? For shame! Alcohol adverts? Oh Dear Allah! I'm sick of all this "Jihad Jihad Jihad!" BS. They got pissed when there was a cartoon showing their prophet in a steriotypical fashion with a bomb. They apparently don't like steriotypes so what do they do? They blow up buildings and kill people. What do they do when they are mad at the Pope? They kill old nuns who probably never even met the pope. That's like killing a secretary when your boss fires you. Come on people. Sometime I'd wish they'd kill each other and get it over with. I'm sick of them.

I have no problems with muslims. I love muslims and I think Middle Eastern people rock. I hate the extremists.

Back