Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just a post to vent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

haha.. kinda funy i guess i went on vacation and my parents had to take care of my plants 3 weeks later i come back and NONE are alive *SIGH* the funny thing is they ALWAYS win yard of the month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's tto bad... maybe you should ground them.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join the club! I've had my dad kill many plants. Lucky for me he always replaces them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many and what kids did ya have? its happened to me to...i think it has happened to all of us really...
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont iknow how many there was a pitcher plant a VFT some live sphagnum and alot of sundews (which made me sad THEY died) and a suculent plus im goiung out of town AGAIN in october so i cant get any new ones till after then but guess il just have to deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it's happened to many people. I lost four VFTs and two sundews over vacation too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man Ive been lucky! Out of the 3 times Ive gone away from my plants, my moms taken "O.K" care of them.. could have been better, she got the idea of leaving the Plants in Trays and having water in it at all times, what she forgot was that the Nepenthes werent supposed to be in water... Luckly they survived.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank goodness my neighbor takes instruection very well. She has been very good at doing exactly what I instructed her to do. The first year I told her that if it rained she didn;t need to water since the GH was in the shape it was in earlier today with holes all in the plastic. Well dummy me forgot some plants were under still intact plastic. They all were BONE dry when I got home. I learned my lesson the second time I asked her to water and told her to water every other day regardless and everyting was better! I leave my dews and most all my CPs standing in water except the nepenthes so I just told her to water everything NOT standing in water with the hose and water the things standing in water with rain water. She did good!

I am sorry to hear about the death of your plants Kseer13. If your in the states and willing to pay for shipping and possibly a heat pack, I can help you replace some dews and utric and a nepenthes ventrata cutting when you get back from your next trip. Just make yourself a note and PM me when your ready to try again. Hopefully it will not be too cold or I have bought some heatpacks by then.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast