What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthrive?

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Would I be able to use this growth hormone called Super Thrive on my CP's? Would it fry my plants?

yay! you got some super thrive! that stuff is probably the best vitamin supplement for ANY of your plants! i think all it takes is 1 drop for every gallon and *poof!* its great to use for combating transplant shock. basically Super Thrive is like Asprin to CPs...it cures everything! and i really want to stress the 1 drop to a gallon...this stuff is strong! too much can severly malform your plants or even kill them...
Alex

My cp's, like myself, get too much aspirin.

I mix a capfull in a half gallon of water. it's full of TDS, so flush your plants periodically. I don't know if it does anything, but it's cheap and it's worth buying just in case it does do anything.

Glider14 said one drop per gallon, JLAP said a capfull per half a gallon. That's a huge difference
smile_n_32.gif
The second recipe sounds a bit powerful
smile_m_32.gif
I will go get some then and see what happens. Thanks for the advice!

Its just a B vitamin complex and boasted by some to be snake oils, but I feel it does help with transplant shock, but not for a regular water routine. Maybe once every 6 months or so for a boost, or when repoted. I wouldn't use it at the strength Clint recommends, but maybe 1 to 3 drops per gallon.

Niki just so you know Epsom salt is good for household plants too. I wouldn;t use it on CPs unless your experimenting. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, and give at one tablespoon per gallon to plants 2 times a year. A plant can look bleached out and like its lost its green color if it has a magnesium deficiency. I have heard stories of people watching the green come back into some plants after watering with Epsom salts. It is safe to use with orchids too. So those orchids I sent you can be watered with it, and it probably wouldn't hurt to give them some. You can find it in some gardening centers like Walmart, but you can also find it in the drug section where the foot care is. Many people use it to soak there feet in.

I did about a Cap full.. It helped alot!

I had about <-----------------> big of a pitcher to <------------------------------------------------> big, after being shipped! I love this stuff! IT colored up real nice too, creamy white inside, nice shaped Lid, good markings... so beautiful! I need pictures of it now!

Hey I guess my technique does work afterall
smile.gif
Why have a little of a good thing when you could have a lot?

I can hear him now....

"Moderation young grasshoppa!!!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Sep. 23 2006,10:23)]Its just a B vitamin complex and boasted by some to be snake oils, but I feel it does help with transplant shock, but not for a regular water routine.  Maybe once every 6 months or so for a boost, or when repoted.  I wouldn't use it at the strength Clint recommends, but maybe 1 to 3 drops per gallon.

Niki just so you know Epsom salt is good for household plants too.  I wouldn;t use it on CPs unless your experimenting.  Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, and give at one tablespoon per gallon to plants 2 times a year.  A plant can look bleached out and like its lost its green color if it has a magnesium deficiency.  I have heard stories of people watching the green come back into some plants after watering with Epsom salts.  It is safe to use with orchids too.  So those orchids I sent you can be watered with it, and it probably wouldn't hurt to give them some.  You can find it in some gardening centers like Walmart, but you can also find it in the drug section where the foot care is.  Many people use it to soak there feet in.
I actually have some epsom salt in my cabinet
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help everyone
smile.gif

Use too much and your plants will be all roots and very little above ground growth.

Superthrive = snake oil

he he he Well you are right Grasshoppa! You know whats coming. A cap full may be good initially, but not every watering. That might be a better technique to get over the initial transplant shock, but I wouldn't use it often like that. Kind of like those antibiotics that you take two of to start with and then one on the schedule after that.

Larry I would agree with you for the most part, but if a plant is deficient in b vitamins then it really does help, but you will not see an improvement if the plant doesn't need them. All cells need b vitamins to go about many cellular activities.

Oh no one should use a capfull every watering. I do that maybe once a month and flush a lot.

I read somewhere that Vitamin B doesn't do anything for plants.  Can't find that article, I think Ozzy posted it.

Using a few drops more than the recommended drop-per-gallon doesn't seem to have any negative effects.

cc01a191.jpg

the affects of super Thrive after a shipment!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back