What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This was strange...

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I belong to a sugar glider forum and yesterday I read a thread that someone started. It was really sad. Seven of her sugar gliders died. I didn't know how it happened so I asked another member. She said that this person was going on a trip (a sugar glider get together of all things) She put her seven gliders in a fleece pouch (they're made for gliders) then she put the pouch into a duffel bag, then wrapped that in a fleece blanket! She hung it over her chair while she drove. She got really tired so she stopped to sleep a bit. She slept for 3 hours! She woke up and checked on them and they had all suffocated
smile_h_32.gif
Now this is what I don't understand. She is a professional breeder of Sugar Gliders, she has been doing it for some time now. She knows all about them. Why on earth would she wrap them up so much?? Of course they suffocated! She was driving to TN so it's not like it was cold out! I don't think anything could have survived being bundles up in so many things. I know it was an accident... Does anyone else think this is kind of strange?

smile_h_32.gif

People make mistakes and slip up, poor gliders though.

People do make mistakes. But that does sound a little strange.

7...thats like 1500 dollars!

It's no wonder they died. It's cold in Georgia right now but not cold enough to pack an animal up like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Sep. 27 2006,7:40)]7...thats like 1500 dollars!
Who cares about the money! The loss of a sugar glider or any pet is priceless!

I can't imagine 7 of those critters flying and jumping around. Wow.

I wouldn't trade Precious the dog or Charo the hedgehog for any amount of cash!

well same here! i wouldnt give away my glider/sell it unless i really had to! i love my baby.
Alex

Back