What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to vent!

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I've told my future mother-in-law(she lives with me and my boyfriend) many times NOT to water my CP's and to watch where the sprinkler goes because they cannot handle regular water. Well guess what the old hag did today! She got ALL of my plants wet by the sprinkler. Also, our dog died on July-5th of this year and we decided to bury him in the backyard. We got some nice plants to go over his grave so it wouldn't really look like a grave anymore, the plants are spreading nicely and starting to finally look good. Well the hag pulls the hose ontop of the plants and just drops it right onto the plant and turns on the sprinkler! Now a whole bunch of stems broke off and it doesn't look too good right now
confused.gif
I've had it with this woman
mad.gif
Are my CP's gonna be ok from the water they got today from the sprinkler?

Thanks for listening, I'm in such a bad mood now
smile_h_32.gif

-Niki-

I'm sorry to hear about that, some people just don't listen.

I suppose you could flush the plants out with some distilled water, that would be fine. But then again, maybe your hose water is ok, you should check it out. Though, I'm not sure where to check, Glider knows though.

Thanks Drosera36
smile.gif

I live south of you in Kissimmee, I use hose water for all of my plants, always have and have had no problems. Its a nice day today - almost always is in Florida, go outside, relax and enjoy the sunshine, it will make you feel better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (buster1 @ Oct. 06 2006,1:10)]I live south of you in Kissimmee, I use hose water for all of my plants, always have and have had no problems. Its a nice day today - almost always is in Florida, go outside, relax and enjoy the sunshine, it will make you feel better.
I know where Kissimmee is!
smile_n_32.gif
How long have you been using hose water for? Most people say that at first it's ok but after awhile it will take it's toll. So no problems for you so far? let me know cause then I'll gladly use the use instead of having to buy jugs of distilled water.

I've been growing them on and off for about 30ish years. Most of the plants I currently have are about 7 or 8 years old. The only thing that might be a problem is even though I am only about 30 miles south of you - you are in the St John's water management district (all the water in your area goes north into the St. Johns River) I am in the South Florida water management district (all of our water goes south to the everglades). I don't know if that distance is enough to make the city water that much different or if the aquifer in your area has a different water quality. But personally my plants look fine and seem to get bigger from year to year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (buster1 @ Oct. 06 2006,1:56)]I've been growing them on and off for about 30ish years. Most of the plants I currently have are about 7 or 8 years old. The only thing that might be a problem is even though I am only about 30 miles south of you - you are in the St John's water management district (all the water in your area goes north into the St. Johns River) I am in the South Florida water management district (all of our water goes south to the everglades). I don't know if that distance is enough to make the  city water that much different or if the aquifer in your area has a different water quality. But personally my plants look fine and seem to get bigger from year to year.
Great buster1, thank you
smile.gif
I just went outside and replanted all of my plants
smile_n_32.gif

Back