What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Home!

What is youre guy's dream home?

Mines a nice place in Hawaii, and being able to grow Nepenthes ON my house, and around it!

would be so amazing!

smile_l_32.gif

An old warehouse/ fabrication building that's been updated and modernized. Super post-industrial high-tech interior. I'd keep the original floors and walls.

lol that sounds interesting... Dunno how I would feel about the Whole floors and walls things... but hey its youre dream home!

I'd like a little house in a little town with a college so it can support its own grocery & pizza place.  A hardware store would be a bonus.  I have a brother-in-law who has an apartment in Seattle that's a post-industrial tour de force.  The floors and walls are concrete and the walls show the grain of the plywood forms used when pouring concrete.  He and his wife filled the place with Ikea furniture and, being between the market and harbor, it's a killer location.  With all that public transit, they don't have a car and I think I could probably get used to big city living in a spot like that.

A nice uninhabited tropical volcanic island, crawling with my evil robotic minions in order to guard the Doomsday Device with which I'll hold the world hostage....

Erm, pretend you never heard that....

Mokele

I have been planning, in my mind, my dream home that I hope to build one day. Here are some of my ideas. Yes I know some of my ideas are far fetched, but remember it's a DREAM home.

In the center of the house I want to either have an area, with no roof, kind of like a patio, or have it closed in with a green house roof. It willbe totaly enclosed by the rest of the house. The walls would be glass and have sliding glass doors. In this area I would like to grow my plants and have various animals living free.

If I choose the open roof design, I would have non climbing animals, like my blue tongue skink, and maybe snakes if I can figure out how to keep them from escaping. I would have to balance the animals so one won't eat another. One way to fix that problem is to have divides that keep some of the animals away from others.
The problems with this design are birds that can just fly in and prey on the animals and how will keep it from flooding when it rains.

If I choose the greenhouse roof design, I would have all kinds of animals, like geckos, snakes, and what ever other animal I think would enjoy living there. I would have to put some thought into keeping some pets from eating others.

One problem with letting the snakes roam free is how do I feed them. I don't want live mice running free and breeding, so how do I get the snakes to come out to eat.

In either design, I want to have a plant setup like the one I saw in the Meijer Gardens Carnivorous plant house.

splash_carnivorous.jpg

Now for the living room. I want the walls to be glass and on the other side of the glass will be natural looking plant and reptile habitats. I want to have a hallway behind the habitats so that I can access the enclosures.

Outside I would like to have a pond where I can have a couple of alligators. I would also have pitcher plants surrounding the pond and bladderworts growing in it. I'll have cp's planted all over the yard.

I hope to buy land that naturally has cp's to build this house on.

Well that's my dream house.

smile.gif

you acutaly have put thought into this

I like youre ideas!

I'd like a farmhouse with a 1000 sq ft. sunroom on the top floor.

I was just thinking today I'd like to have a lift for the car so I park my lambo in the garage and a moment later I could step out into my living room on the second floor.

Peter

My dream home? A one room cabin in the coldest, darkest part of Norway. No gas or electricity of course.

Back