What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ginseng Harvesting

If you don't want to learn Spanish, don't.  I'd be happy if more Americans would learn English, math, science, geography, . . .

I'm trying to learn Spanish after having failed at German, French & Slovak.  I'm terrible at learning languages, but I'd love to know another one.  I'm having an easier time with Spanish, so far, probably because I hear it so much in this area and my daughter has had a few years of it in school already.

As for ginseng, the actual topic here, I've seen it grown in Wisconsin, where all kinds of off-the-wall crops seem to be grown.  The cultivated form isn't as valuable as the wild, because it grows faster and is less concentrated in whatever ginseng supposedly has.  I'm not positive what soil it was grown in, but am pretty sure it was the same sand that central Wisconsin has in abundance.  And it's under shade cloth that's even heavier than what's used for the shade tobacco grown here & Massachusetts.

Yeah, I really want to learn as much languages as possible because to me it just sounds like fun, for instance right now in my new school I'm taking Spanish I and Latin I and so far I'm doing great at both of them.

And yes I know that Latin is a dead Language, but If I want to be a doctor then I will help quite a bit.

I think ive seen it in NY, in very heavly forested areas... so I was readly expecting to have to put it under lots of shade!

I plan on learning Latin when I go to collage, would help sence I want to be some kind of Biology minor.

That's cool!

I've also wanted to be a biology teacher, because in spring I would do a carnivorous plant section in my ciriculum.

you would want to set it up so that You went over Plants then CP's... Maybe?

I dunno either way it would be bad teh butt.... my science teacher didnt know any thing about CP's... I even offered to give him some to preserve the leaves, he didnt care....

Some Bio teacher...

Back