What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ginseng Harvesting

When is ginseng legal to harvest in NY?

Dunno. I'm surprised you can find it.

I wouldn't harvest it.

I found the Date's but Do you have to have a permit to grow it?

My grandma has like 100 acres she's seen it, she wants to know when its ok to harvest.

If you dont need a permit I wanna grow some from seed or get some plant it self... that would be amazing...:laugh:

I can't think of why you'd need a permit to grow it for private use.

I don't see what the big deal with Ginseng is.

I agree, but you know that I takes a while for ginseng to mature

It grows so slowly that if people just harvested it randomly, it would go extinct preaty quickly.

I looked it up and NY laws regarding Ginseng and surprisingly hard to find.

It did say that NY Ginseng is good breeding stock.

EDIT: this is totally none of my business but aren't you Korean? IIRC Korean ginseng is the best. That doesn't have anything to do with you but I thought i'd ask since gineseng is big in asia.

cool.gif

far from Korean... half mexican! though youw ouldnt know it if you see me.

oh.. lol, I thought you were japanese but were told you were korean.

I always wished I was latino, or atleast part latino.

Hey, I had no idea you were religious.

yay!!! I can't believe that your half mexican! I alway wished that I had a big percentage of it in me, but sadly I'm only slightly mexican.

You probably thought that My Step mom (maried to my dad my real moms white) Is Japanesse

Yes Ive got that interesting background I dont know what the big deal about being latino is... its nothing special... I fell preaty normal... and I cant even learn spanish , I dropped out its not required to learn in ohio, WE live in the USA any ways learn our language!!

I just think Latino's are sexy. No. not you particularly. generally.

Oh no i'm making steriotypes!

I'm of irish descent and i get straight a's in spanish
smile.gif

I agree Nepehtes AK Learn the language here. Unless you plan on going to Mexico then learn spanish. Or any other country for that matter try to learn their language.

I think growing ginsing would be pretty neat. I would transplant a plant collected from the wild myself. Nepenthes AK. Do you think you could pot up a small plant for me and we coule work out a trade for it. I assume your going to be going on the collection too arn't ya?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Oct. 06 2006,10:59)]I agree Nepehtes AK Learn the language here. Unless you plan on going to Mexico then learn spanish. Or any other country for that matter try to learn their language.

I think growing ginsing would be pretty neat. I would transplant a plant collected from the wild myself. Nepenthes AK. Do you think you could pot up a small plant for me and we coule work out a trade for it. I assume your going to be going on the collection too arn't ya?
yes but consider all of the hispanics we will have here in several years... dont you think it would be a little helpful to at least know somthing?
Alex

Nope!  You come here you learn or language.  I wouldn't go to Mexico and expect them to learn mine.  

Let me put it another way.  When you go to someones house and they take thier shoes off when they enter the house, your not going to disregard that and walk in with your shoes on becuase thats how you do it are you?  I think language runs on the same principal.  You come here you learn our language.  You do thing our way in our house.

When is Rome do as the Romans do.

I agree that they should learn english and everything but I woul also encourage them to keep and teach their native language too.

That is fine. Just as long as I am not forced to learn theirs unless I want to just to comunicate with non english speakers. It is different to know 2 languages, but you shouldn't EXPECT me to learn another language to comunicate with them in my homeland. Knowing two languages is great, but I have no interest in it. I would if and when I go to another country just because I think its appopriate and respectfull of them.

In Germany they are very nice. If you attept to speak german to them they will get it and speak to you in english to make it easier for you if your strugling, but if you don't make any effort they will not bend over to speak english to you. Its common respect to learn the native language if your going to go there.

Exactly! And Even if you are going someplace on a whim, taking a translator is allways helpfull, cause not only will yo look like a tourist but you can show them respect showing you want to learn their language.

Yea, If I do get the Ginsing, Ill have to look up laws, and stuff its a preaty Watched plant, I think the only way I would be able to do it is by seed. Dont really know, ill find out and let you know though.

I am forced to learn spanish. At first I was intimidated but it's so easy man. I'm not fluent at complicated sentences and I don't understand some of the grammar but other than that so easy.

I don't care if they learn english or not. All they need to know is simple english like car and food and stuff like that (coche y comida!)

I say let 'em all in. I don't care. If I was a mexican living in mexico, unless I was already rich, I'l probably cross the border, too. One of my goals in life is to smuggle at least one illegal immegrant into the country.

My mother says we should just buy mexico
smile.gif

most definetaly... Mexico at least... canadas cool and all, but until they get into major financial trouble or something... Wait who am I kidding Canada probably should buy the States, but no one would want to take on all our financial problems! I doubt we would ever be able to afford buying mexico any ways.

Back