What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

that was F%@#$&!G INSANE!!!

went up to Regina Saskatchewan yesterday to sell "beer" at the Rolling Stones concert. 3.5 hour trip one way. there is absolutely no way to have prepared myself for the experiance. there were 10 bars total at the stadium. i and the other Montana Optimist club ppl were at the 80 foot bar setup out side by the main entrance to the stadium. course they stuck us on the end nearest the main enterance to the stadium. that was nice of them.

at the 80 ft bar there were 2 22gal kegs than an 8 foot table mixing rum+coke and whiskey+coke than 2 kegs, than an 8 foot table mixing vodka+lemonaide and long island ice tea than 2 kegs than another table doing the whiskey and rum with coke and so on down the 80 feet thats it, 5 choices of drinks, 1 type of beer and 4 mixes.

i was at the first table mixing both rum and whiskey cokes at the start of the evening. 1/2 hour after the gates open i was mixing just whiskey cokes..........45 minutes after that there were 3 of us mixing just whiskey cokes(one putting ice in the glass, one pouring the shot, one filling up with coke) and for 2 hours or more we could not keep up for close to 3 hours i did not look up unless itwas to yell down the line for supplies. another guy from Wolf Point was running the 2 kegs to my left and emptying a keg every 9-15 minutes at alil over 160 glasses to the keg(at $6 per drink thats darn close to $1000/keg). i quit counting at 8 bottles of whiskey and at that point it was still day light and before the main rush and we served a few hours after dark(from 4-8pm we were making drinks). there was a small mountain of 2 liter coke bottles behind me.

on friday night there were ~51,000 attending who drank an average of a 6 pack per person in the 4 hours of serving drinks(no selling after the Stones got on stage) when all was figured out. sunday night was a larger crowd and was what the Canuks called a "drinking crowd" so we sold more................

insane...............................just insane.................

You went to canada? cool.

An 80 foot bar? Sounds like a drunks paradise
smile.gif

Freaking Canadians are drunkards! lol

Did you get to see any of the concert??

Sounds like a nightmare to me. lol

LOL That does sound insane. Man that was alot of beer and other acohol gone in a matter of hours! LOL I could not imagine.

saw some of it from 'round 300 feet back. the stage was 8 stories high and while i couldnt make out the Stones themselves very well could see them clear as day on the huge screen behind them. stuck around for 'bout 1/4-1/3 of the show then went to grab some food as we were starved. didnt have time the last 3 hours of making drinks to do anything but grab the occational ice cube to suck on...........we needed nurishment and a stiff drink bad after that one
smile_n_32.gif

was a awesome concert but i wouldnt have paid the $80 for the nosebleed section, a friend paid ~$700 per ticket for her and her husband and they were still 9 rows back from the stage.........no thank you. not worth paying that chunk of change for good seats. was quite happy with what i saw for free, and even though it was rough am extreamly glad i went up and would like to do it again. your to darn busy to worry bout anything so you just go and time flies

$700 Per ticket?!?!?! That is such a waste of money
confused.gif

Glad you had fun though
smile.gif

Being Canadian I would have to say, after reading your story.... I get the sudden urge for a nice cold one!

lol "Drinking Crowd"- out there in the west that is a serious thing, glad you made it through man, I can imagine you would be getting drunk off the fumes at that speed
biggrin.gif

Back