What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's up with that?!

What's with the whole snowbird thing anyways?

to 0zzy a snowbird is a person who moved south from the north(to get away from the cold) there are a bunch i florida and such
Alex

that would be totally awesome if the spider ate the trap... somehow i don't see it being a plant-eater though.

vft will be victorious

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Oct. 14 2006,9:06)]to 0zzy a snowbird is a person who moved south from the north(to get away from the cold) there are a bunch i florida and such
Alex
Not to Ozzy... to ALOT of people... It's actually people who go sounth for the winter and north for the summer. So they get the best of both seasons. I used to work for AT&T long distance international. And there was a "Snowbird calling plan" where the Canadians would call in and request the "Snowbird plan" so they could call home for $.10 a min. Anyway- That's a snowbird. And technically Nikki isn't anymore since she is now a resident of the USA and won't be running once summer comes (we'll see!!! hehe) (We have lots of snowbirds here- it sucks
smile_h_32.gif
LEARN TO DRIVE!!! lol)

As far as the VFT spider goes... If he isn't triggering the trap to close, closing it on him won't do any good unless you sit and do the further stimulation required... I bet he hangs out and eats for a while- and runs off.... I'd kill him now :-D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Oct. 15 2006,12:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Oct. 14 2006,9:06)]to 0zzy a snowbird is a person who moved south from the north(to get away from the cold) there are a bunch i florida and such
Alex
Not to Ozzy... to ALOT of people...   It's actually people who go sounth for the winter and north for the summer.  So they get the best of both seasons.  I used to work for AT&T long distance international.  And there was a "Snowbird calling plan"  where the Canadians would call in and request the "Snowbird plan" so they could call home for $.10 a min.  Anyway-  That's a snowbird.   And technically Nikki isn't anymore since she is now a resident of the USA and won't be running once summer comes (we'll see!!! hehe)  (We have lots of snowbirds here- it sucks  
smile_h_32.gif
  LEARN TO DRIVE!!!  lol)

As far as the VFT spider goes...  If he isn't triggering the trap to close, closing it on him won't do any good unless you sit and do the further stimulation required...    I bet he hangs out and eats for a while- and runs off....   I'd kill him now :-D
That's what I was trying to say...I'm not a snowbird anymore
smile_n_32.gif
I admit, Canadians don't know how to drive...but neither do some people in Florida!

I don't want to kill him Andrew, that would be mean.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And technically Nikki isn't anymore since she is now a resident of the USA

Well see if the INS agrees with that statement.

From the pic the the trap shows signs of being beyond it's trapping life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Oct. 15 2006,12:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And technically Nikki isn't anymore since she is now a resident of the USA

Well see if the INS agrees with that statement.

From the pic the the trap shows signs of being beyond it's trapping life.
Pardon?? What did you find wrong with me or something that belongs to me, or something that I wrote, now??
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ Oct. 11 2006,1:58)]There's a spider living IN my VFT trap... and it's still alive!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Let's take bets on when the spider will become dinner. I say another week.

Maybe my VFT is a vegetarian
smilie4.gif
Well the spidey became dinner last night  
smile_n_32.gif
 I almost got it right on! I said a week, and it was 6 days  
smile_m_32.gif

P.S- 0zzy has been calling me a 'snowbird' LONG before I moved to Florida. To him I will always and forever be a 'snowbird'.

....Whats the INS?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 17 2006,12:54)]....Whats the INS?
I dunno, but I'm sure it's something 0zzy will use against me, sooner or later  
confused.gif

Who cares anyways! My spider got eaten!!
smile_h_32.gif

immigration and naturalization service

Oh haha. Immigration and Naturalization Services.

You'r paranoid.

Beat me to it Oz
smile.gif

I still don't know what that is. Is there something I'm doing wrong 0zzy? I guess that's a stupid question, EVERYTHING I do is wrong in your eyes.

Aw dang! I thought it was International Nudist Society. You've just ruined my day Ozzy!

I'm not getting naked for you BigCarnivourKid!
confused.gif

biggrin.gif

Trapper you really just need to let ozzy do his thing hes stuborn and has to have things his way... I really doubt hes doing much harm... its just a web forum...

nep_ak I'd really just like to forget about it ok, so just let me do what I want to do, and 0zzy can do whatever he wants, as I've mentioned before. What makes you think I'm not just being a smartass like he is?

Back