What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the new guard dog for my CP's

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Hadrurus arizonensis

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Yay! Beautiful... Tarantualas would have been better you can hold them!

Wow neat
smile.gif

it looks like the stinger has been filed or cut...is that so it doesnt sting you? its a genious idea really.
Alex

came that way, my guess is its either a quite old specimen(they live to be up to about 25 years old or more) or its about ready to molt. never had this species before so im not sure if this is a full adult or weither it has one more molt left

It looks like a larger and hairier version of the ones in my house

Dave, do you run across any black ones that are maybe 1/3 or so the size of the one above? im looking for C. gracilis

If you ever want little one inch brown scorps, i've got plenty running around here somewhere....

YAY for Scorpios!!! Woohooo!

Oh. Those are scorpioNS. Yikes!

smile_l_32.gif

PAK..............your so funny
smile_n_32.gif

hmmmmmm guess the ones from Florida are brown but this is what im looking for C. gracilis

Awesome!  The stinger looks dull, I hope it works.  These guys love to sting their prey once captured.  They also like to bury their claws in the substrate afterwards for some funny reason.  I believe H. arizonensis life span is about 4-6 years (you may be thinking of Pandinus imperator, which lives much longer).  One day, I will buy that Androctonus.

Hadrurus arizonensis has lived up to 25 years in captivity. it generally takes them 4-7 years before they even start breeding. dont believe me then look it up
smile_m_32.gif

most scorps are fairly long lived. they generally take atleast 2 if not more years before they are even old enough to start breeding. most of the larger species do not start bredding before 4 years of age.

Scorpions are neat and I'd like to have one, but the wife has other opions on that.
smile_h_32.gif

Maybe when we get a bigger house and I have a fish / lizard room I can sneak 1 or 2 in.
I was at a reptile show last weekend and I was looking at some Scorpions.

Rattler. my grandpa in florida has Centruroides Vittatus scorps running around. do you have them(keep them)?
Alex

Cool to look at, but NO way in Heck would I own one. I like the bug eating plants, but not the bugs. I can deal with mealy bugs for plants. or fruitflies, but you can have the scorps and spiders!! Not my cup of tea. I;m not going to run around like a little girl if someone comes into the room, but I don't care to handle them. Now give me a snake or lizard anyday. I can deal with rodents too. Just not the aracnids or insects. They just make my skin crawl!

There are a bunch of scorpions up at the lake here too. I duno what kind they are though, but I remember seeing them when we would go camping.

He looks nice Rattler, but you can keep him LOL

glider Centruroides vittatus dont live in florida they are in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and the like. they prefer it drier. what your grandfather has in Florida is likely C. hentzi which is smaller than vittatus but looks quite a bit like them. i do have a C. hentzi, its the only other one i have at the moment other than some 1st and 2nd instar vittatus and the big guy above.

Cool JLAP, I assume you have the Centruroides in the photo? It says Vaejovus can also be found in your area, awesome. I use to have 3 Vaejovis, they were so fat and cute
biggrin.gif

Hehe, I don't HAVE anything. They can stay outside
smile.gif

I have the vaejovis, i guess. They don't have stripes so it must be that.

I'll look for you some soon under rocks n stuff. I found two in the house a few days ago, and I remember someone looking for them online, but we use heavy pesticide and I'd figure it would die soon anyway.

Back