What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting.....

• Thread starter vraev
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
http://cgi.ebay.ca/CARNIVOROUS-INSE...45-Pages_W0QQitemZ300039346316QQihZ020QQcateg

oryZ378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

image10.jpg

image09.jpg

just noticed it. Seems to have amazing pictures. They are soo spectacular that I am tempted to buy it even though I know the bids go high and I can't match them.

The only bad thing is I can't read japanese.
smile_n_32.gif
lol!

however, I am considering why waste 40$ for just pics when I am just trying to get barry's book on amazon at like 40$ Canadian.

I was also looking for other VFT stuff and noticed this::

http://www.amazon.ca/Death-T....8&s=dvd

does anyone have it.

I have Death Trap. Great video! I rented it about a million times from my local video store back when I was a kid.

wow ..nice..

I am going home back to mississauga this weekend. I checked and noticed that my library has a copy on vhs and it is in the branch.
biggrin.gif

can't wait to pick it up on friday.
biggrin.gif

Oh, how cool! You'll love it.

And I own the VHS version. Apparently PBS had it transferred to DVD in the somewhat recent past, but I don't think it has anything special on it.

yeah...the dvd came out in 2002 as I see on amazon. However it is 65$ which is definately not worth it for just 1 hr. Instead I could get more plants or save it for barry's book ;)

Amen to that. Speaking of more plants, I have a bunch on the way this week. There's nothing like the excitement of getting new additions to the collection!

ooh..tell me about it.....lol! the guys in the university mail dept hate me
smile_n_32.gif
...I used to bug them everyday "IS my package in yet??? "

Its soo exciting when u finally get it and open to see new plants inside a small box
biggrin.gif
. Especially my red VFT. I thought its ok ..compared to typicals and B-52.....but now I find myself liking it more and more....such a unique little feller.
smile.gif

And apart from contorary belief....the tissue culture mother plant from keehns carnivores is amazing..its deep scarlet. I love it. The new traps growing are still red...which means the most light hungry VFT is also able to "survive" with me.
biggrin.gif

I got the DVD of death trap, and also watched it like a million times from my old video rental store. But, it only cost me like 10 bucks I think...

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vraev @ Oct. 18 2006,2:28)]yeah...the dvd came out in 2002 as I see on amazon. However it is 65$ which is definately not worth it for just 1 hr. Instead I could get more plants or save it for barry's book ;)
I got my Death Trap DVD for around $7 on Ebay.

The Death Trap video is just amazing! The time lapse photography is just WOW! Definitely get it on DVD.

Back